Supercharged 6

-

Basher

Reaction score
I saw this at the Greaseball Show in Seattle 2 weekends ago and thought I would share. It looked like a really clean build, but the car was on jacks and the owner was crawling around under it, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him about it. Very cool!

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.31.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.31.49 AM.png

That is a tiny blower, much more elegant than the Roots-type superchargers I have seen in photos of slants. Wonder where they sourced it. I have pondered if the belt-driven blower from an early 2000 Mercedes Kompressor model might work. Engine displacements are similar and I have seen used/rebuilt ones fairly affordable on ebay. The other idea is that electric-motor driven compressors are becoming more affordable and pose less a packaging issue.

It's not the Torqstorm, but it's very similar.

I am a little baffled that someone could have such a cool ride and not be a member. Crazy.

not to be picky but regulator is mounted on the fire wall. definately not a member, he'd/she'd got BBQ for that one:lol:

That is a Paxton NOVI supercharger. I’m going to guess a novi 1000.

There are many small centrifugal superchargers. Paxton/Vortech and Procharger come to mind as the two larges companies. Rotrex macks some some small ones too for the sport compact market and other markets.

-
Back