Supercharged Small Block

-

71blueduster

Reaction score
Anyone here running a supercharged small block? I saw a Dart a while back that had a 340 with a ATI procharger. They guy said he should be around 500 hp. How would a 340 hold up to this much power? In the future I might consider this for my Duster (have to just get it painted and running right now).

Tweety's the guy to talk to about te prochargers.
500 hp sounds like an awful mild setup.
Probably their small blower and a consevitve engine.

The stock 340 Bottom end will probably live at 500 horse with little problems. A rebuild with good pistons, rod bolts and a balance job will handle 500 horse no problems at all.

Well it was a street car. The guy said he had it dynoed before and he had over 300 to the wheels. It sure would make for a fun street car to take to the strip on the weekends and have fun with.

well figure as a very rough rule of thumb that 9 pounds of boost will give you around a 50% increase in output, so 300HP normally aspirated will be around 450 on boost.
500 HP from a 340 that's in good condition shouldn't be any problem at all, the best people to speak to about Mopar Prochargers are the Supercharger Store, they sell a lot of kits and they are very knowledgeable.
In fact I'm just going out to the shop to start bolting an F2 on a big block :D
Let me know if I can help out? emails are best- good luck
Andy

Does anyone have any idea what these thing price out at? There is no pricing on the web site. They look awesome ! Even a ball park price will do....anyone know ? I probably shouldn't even ask... I'm having bad thoughts....

depends how fast you wanna go??
A small street system is about $2600 if you can make your own brackets, I have a big 1" thick motorplate for my smallblock, but that uses the big D3 race blower.

Then you need fuel system, either a carb or fuel injection, but when you add up the costs compared to nitrous for a season the blower wins hands down, plus it's a lot kinder to the motor.
I have loads of pics of these things , if you want to see soon?
Keep in touch
Andy

-
Back