supercritical fluid =50% improved fuel efficiency

-

sic71dart

Reaction score
Interesting article to read about a company developing a new sort of fuel injection technology. Apparently there may still be life in the internal combustion engine. “Transonic’s injection system varies from direct injection in two ways: it uses supercritical fluids and doesn’t require a spark to ignite the fuel. The supercritical fluid mixes quickly with air when it’s injected into the cylinder.” So somewhat like a diesel but the fuel is at a state thats not truly either a liquid or a gas... interesting. Surely if its viable a major auto manufacturer will buy the rights to implement it.

Good eye there dart. I think this can happen and so does someone else. They have a very succesful Venture Capital investment company in their corner with many success stories to their credit. Companies like Intel, Apple just to name a couple. I look at companies like this for investment possibilites but in researching the companies that Venrock backs, most of them when they come out as an IPO they are bought out by larger companies thus eleminating any possiblity for investing by the small guy. This also means that a much larger company may even shelve the idea so as to continue making money the old fashion way, screwing the consumer. Sounds like something an oil company would be interested in now dont it. Neat concept to say the least. Good find.
Small Block

Be careful with that link. I just picked up a virus there Toolman

I saw on tv, a little while back, two garage inventors who had re-invented the internal combustion engines. They had each come up with their own designs and demonstrated working models they had in their shops. They concentrated on and engine aspect that the auto companies haven't persued. Grrrrrrreat fuel economy. I should have paid more attention and looked it up on the net..........I forget now.

Damn, a virus through the link ?! The Norton on my comp didn't flag me with any warnings but sorry about that if anybody else had any issues. Deleted my link so use the other ones or google it.

-
Back