[WANTED] Sure Grip Cone Type Spider Gears.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

KickDown

Just a Brit in Germany
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi Gents,
I'm desperately looking for the 2 Spider Gears for a 489 Cone Type Sure Grip. Cass at Dr. Diff says these parts were never reproduced, as the cone Sure Grip was never intended to be rebuilt.
The Gears have 10 teeth, where as the non Sure Grip have 11.
I thought I would ask here at the Mopar Nerve Center, also someone willing to ship them to Germany, at my expense of course.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers. Gaz.

Auburn bought the Borg-Warner design, with their only major change being a 1-piece case. The Auburn pin can definitely be used, but I'm not 100% sure about the gears themselves. The Auburn kit for a new pin and spiders is their number 541012, but it's apparently not available at the moment. It may be discontinued. It's in the catalog .pdf but doesn't seem to work on their site.

That's gonna be a tall order, because when those units fail, they almost always take the spiders out.

If I were you, I would plan on getting a new clutch sure grip. Parts are more available, it will interchange with the cone type, it's stronger with more positive action (four spiders). And about half the price of the gear type.
If the parts you need aren't available new anywhere, then what?

Hi Gents,
I'm desperately looking for the 2 Spider Gears for a 489 Cone Type Sure Grip. Cass at Dr. Diff says these parts were never reproduced, as the cone Sure Grip was never intended to be rebuilt.
The Gears have 10 teeth, where as the non Sure Grip have 11.
I thought I would ask here at the Mopar Nerve Center, also someone willing to ship them to Germany, at my expense of course.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers. Gaz.
I have a pile of that stuff out in the shop. I will look tomorrow, but I cannot promise anything.

Thank you all guys for taking the time to look.
Yeah these things are rare. I managed to locate the cones & Axle Shaft gears but it is the 2 Spiders that I need. The 2 that originally came with the Sure Grip are more than FUBAR.
Thanks Rusty for taking time out to look around. I appreciate greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back