Surprising result from 14" ebay electric fan

-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
Just got this guy installed, 14 inch Universal Slim Pull Push Racing Electric Radiator Engine 12V Cooling Fan | eBay, and am seeing a 60 degree drop across the radiator inlet(190) and outlet(130). On the radiator directly in front of the fan I'm seeing over a 100 degree drop(no shroud).
My original crank driven no clutch fan and no shroud I was seeing a 20-30 drop.
Granted, it's 60 degrees out, but so far I'm happy. Mounted as a puller directly to the radiator with those plastic zip ties it comes with.

Not sure how it'll handle summer temps but I've gotta keep myself busy somehow. Mech fuel pump too, 195 thermostat.

I used this controller: Adjustable Electric Fan Thermostat Switch Radiator Temperature Control Probe Kit | eBay which I used in the past and really like it.

Hope somebody finds this helpful or interesting! I may get a spal for reliability purposes later on

fan.jpg

Damn, that's a pretty good temperature drop. How much current does it pull, are you running it through a relay? 65'

My experience with the direct to rad core mounts is they can wear through the tubes I would make a couple straps to mount the fan to that attach to the outside of the rad core frame

Damn, that's a pretty good temperature drop. How much current does it pull, are you running it through a relay? 65'
No relay, it pulls 7-ish amps maybe 10. The thermostat is rated for 16a at 250v ac so I should be okay I think.
My experience with the direct to rad core mounts is they can wear through the tubes I would make a couple straps to mount the fan to that attach to the outside of the rad core frame
This is my concern as well. I would like to mount a flat plate as a shroud and have it pull across the entire rad. I just have to be less lazy than I am today. Much appreciated comments guys

-
Back