Suspension gurus

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
I'm in the process of purchasing my coil over set up gonna go with qa1 most likely. But I'm confused o the spring rate. How do I know what I need I was told 450# up front. But not completely sure this is for a small block duster w/ a4speed And 83/4 rear for weight reference . I will be putting 17 or 18inch wheels on it and want it to have that low stance. Thanks guys

Ps using badarts. Coil over conversion kit

John also recommended the 450lbx9" springs for my combo (small block turbo duster). I think its a good place to start. Springs aren't that expensive if I gotta try another weight.

hmm i gotta check my pms, i thought he said 9", but I could be and most likely am wrong

he said anything shorter than 10' would limit my travel, to about 2 1/2 inches rather that 4 inches with a some what longer spring either way i want my duster to hug the road what are you doing in the rear on your duster? ?? coil overs or leafs??

I'm gonna be using split mono leafs moved to the frame rails in the rear of my duster. I guess i'll have to try the 10" springs also. I'd like to have as much travel in the front as possible

Oh ok yea I'm in the middle of mini tubbing mine want to do the relocation as well

Take the car to a GoodGuys event when RideTech is in attendance, they'll put it on a set of scales and tell you what spring rate you need. No charge...

Really ? I didn't know that. Well too bad mine doesn't run lol maybe they can use my other one that runs as a reference lol

call bill reilly at RMS,he should be able to tell you what you want to know.

I bought 450's for the front of my demon, 5.7 hemi swap. I think the rears are 250 if I remember correctly. For the rear I bought the street-lynx kit.

Aj

wish i could afford the street lynx set up , maybe one day lol

Trust me it was hard hard for me, I saved for quite some time to get it. I wanted the alter-k but there was no way that was going to happen. I have been trying to peice my car together for the last 2 1/2 years and I'm close. I think a member here makes something like that setup for the rear, just don't remember who.

For the front suspension I can't afford a tubular k but I was going thru old threads hear and a member was able to convert his car to rack and pinion with the stock k member. So that's the route I'm heading. I feel a little in the dark cause he is still running the torsion bars up front not coilovers.

I'm not a guru but any questions you have or any think I can assist you in let me know. And great to have a local guy on board.

Thanks, Aj

Trust me it was hard hard for me, I saved for quite some time to get it. I wanted the alter-k but there was no way that was going to happen. I have been trying to peice my car together for the last 2 1/2 years and I'm close. I think a member here makes something like that setup for the rear, just don't remember who.

For the front suspension I can't afford a tubular k but I was going thru old threads hear and a member was able to convert his car to rack and pinion with the stock k member. So that's the route I'm heading. I feel a little in the dark cause he is still running the torsion bars up front not coilovers.

I'm not a guru but any questions you have or any think I can assist you in let me know. And great to have a local guy on board.

Thanks, Aj

Thank You Likewise , Are you in San Jose?
Do you have a link for that thread using stock k with rack and pinion ??
I think your talking about maddart he sent a. List. Of everything and where to get it to make my own 4. Link for about half the price of a street lynx but. I'm. No fabricator so it think I'll wait it out. As for the front there is another guy here I think hemidenny is making his own tubular k frame for half the price of street lynx also.but since I already have tubular. Upper and lower control arms mounted to my stock k ,I'll keep it that way

I have a set from rms that I got second hand never installed and it came with 450lbs/inch springs. Seems like the universal starting point for smallblock a bodies. If you get your setup from bill at rms he gives one free spring swap if you don't like the spring rate. At least that is what the seller told me when I picked up mine.

-
Back