suspension ideas

-

Mopar70Dart

Mopar Kid
Reaction score
im dropping a 360 into a slant 6 car and was wondering what Im gonna need besides the k frame torsion bars and all to make it a good handling car. I already have subframe connectors installed. Im also putting the polyurthane bushing kit on the car as well. Just a street driven car not doing autocross or anything.

All them mods sound like good things to do. You would not need a V-8 K frame if you use these though. www.engine-swaps.com

Only other thing I can think of that would be nice is a set of disc brakes.

Front AND REAR sway bars ! The rear bar takes a lot of the plowing out.

With stock bars and springs I agree. But if you've got XHD's or SS springs in the back a rear bar may lead to having too much effective spring rate. It definitely wouldn't plow, but it might be too much oversteer.

Of course, if you're just running stock leafs a rear bar will definitely help out.

im running a set of s/s springs on the rear and the m/p rear anti sway/stabilizer bar and i have one dang good handling car. 74 duster, /6. it is AWESOME. i also did the front. just too sweet.

Call up the guys at Firm Feel and get a good set of torsion bars, anti-sway bars and shocks. Combine that with some good 15x7 rims and radial tires you should be set. The late model 11.75 inch disc brakes are also a good idea to go with V8 power.

-
Back