Suspension question

-

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
I've been needing a V8 k member now for a while. Can't locate won close to me and when I do, nobody will ship it to me to Alaska. So, long story made short. I'm trying to decide which won to go with. Alter-k-ion or anyone using won in there car or the unit by Just Suspension? Any photos and info. greatfull.
Thanks Mark

Try the parts wanted section, this is the non automotive section, not that I mind.

a v8 k frame is only a v8 by the way the motor mount perches were put in. the suspension has nothing to do with it. talk to abodyjoe about the alterktion. he seems to love it.

If you are gonna swap out the entire front suspension then the Alter-K-tion is the way to go....if you only want to put a V8 in a slant car then get the schumacher conversion mounts....they are good and solid and easy to install. If you don't wanna mess with them but keep the factory suspension the the CAP Auto Tubular K-Frame is the way to go.

I should have typed more of what I'm doing w/the car vs. leaving it half assed. Car is a '73 Scamp factory v8 car. It was stolen and wrecked, bad. It needs not just a k member, but other susp. parts also. I've located some used parts, lower control arm and misc. But not everything yet. I have a 6 shooter k meber now, but motor mounts for $170.00 shipped to me is just not setting well w/me yet. Yeah, I'm better off that route vs. 2 or 3 grand, but I'm in won of those moods where if I'm gonna do it badass like I want, its gonna take me a few more weeks longer than exspected is all. I want to drive the car next month, but its not looking like that now. I have a '72 Demon front clip on it now. Car is org. green w/white top. Going black w/white int. and tail now. I got a PM from an anoyomis person, saying he took the car, I don't find that part funny at all. It was over 10 years ago when this happend. If I find out who stole the car and your a member here now. Your *** is mine like I promised in the newspaper years ago! Read the first part of my profile and be prepared.
Thanks for the info. guys who have led me in the right dirrection.
Mark

if your gonna go aftermarket then the alter-k is the only way to go... don't bother with the other junk out there.. it practally falls into the car for you.. you get everything to pull into the garage do the swap and drive right back out.... and the difference is just incredible... it is an awesome suspension system.. it make my dart so much more fun to drive and work on.....

Thanks Joe. I was looking at Magnum Force also a while ago. But I couldn't get a price on line about his set up. It looks like I'm going to go w/Alter-K like you did. Thanks
Mark

-
Back