suspension thoughts

-

Mopar70Dart

Mopar Kid
Reaction score
I have had my slant 6 out for awhile now changing to a 360 and was just curious if anyone can tell from the list of my front suspension upgrades if I would be set to drop in the 360?

1. Aluminum Strut Rods from Firm Feel.
2. 1.0 Torsion bars from Firm Feel.
3. Lower a frames from FF
4. Upper a frames from FF
5. Front sway bar from FF.
6. and yes finally a v-8 k frame
gonna work on the disc brakes later

Shouldn't be a problem. You just need to know which k-member you have in order to get the correct engine mounts. I have all the firmfeel stuff in my Dart and it works great.

Larry

Ok thanks I just wanted to get a little bit of good handling out of the car as well. I appreciate your quick response.

very similar to my recent upgrades. i also welded up the seam around the edge of the k frame and added gussets to strengthen up the steering box mount. also, check the lower control arm pin mounts (eyes) in the k frame for wear or cracks.

Definately check the steering gear mount on that K. Check the bolt holes in the K and in the gearbox casting. Apply locktite to those bolt threads. There was a problem there and locktite was part of the cure but if the holes are wollered out nothing will hold it tight. Good luck

I have had my slant 6 out for awhile now changing to a 360 and was just curious if anyone can tell from the list of my front suspension upgrades if I would be set to drop in the 360?

1. Aluminum Strut Rods from Firm Feel.
2. 1.0 Torsion bars from Firm Feel.
3. Lower a frames from FF
4. Upper a frames from FF
5. Front sway bar from FF.

I'd suggest these changes to that list...

1. 1.0 Torsion bars from Firm Feel.
2. Stock uppers with moog 7103 bushing installed for more caster
3. Front sway bar from FF.
4. Rear sway bar from FF or tubuler from Hellwig
5. Rebuilt firm feel power steering box from FF

About the same total money, but with more seat of the pants performance upgrades you can feel.

-
Back