Suspension upgrade?

-

Beeker

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for adding to or improving suspension on a 1967 barracuda fastback. Thxxx

The answers are all over the suspension section of this forum. Basically bigger torsion bars, front sway bar, heavier rear springs, and better shocks are the formula. It just depends on exactly what you want.

The answers are all over the suspension section of this forum. Basically bigger torsion bars, front sway bar, heavier rear springs, and better shocks are the formula. It just depends on exactly what you want.
Thx. I shoulda known that. Lol

Thx. I shoulda known that. Lol
Some spring companies will customize the order for you.

For example my Mopar has an oval (nearly worthless, potentially a flaw) leaf spring bushing for the front of the spring, I could change the order to the typical round bushing hole and can ask/pay for more leafs (sort of a pickup truck gain of carrying capacity vice performance, but if your car mostly sits and you will never sell it, 5 or 6 leaf springs will keep the stance for 20+ years.

I bought Super Stock leaf springs for my 73 road runner and they ride real nice 20 years later and keep the stance up.
Many can disagree or pick apart my logic certainly.

-
Back