swap is done almost

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
My 8 3/4 is in the dart.Only two problims one witch I new would be,my drive shaft is to long.looks like it will have to be shortened 2 1/2,the outher, now she is still up on jack stands my driveshaft is hiting the side of my muffler was room befor with the 7 1/4.how should I measure for my drive shaft lenght.As for the shaft now it is pushed all the way into my 727 and the rear u joint almost goes in the rear yokeI know there should be some play.All in all its one step closer for my 360 to go in:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Congrat's Snake =D> It's just about time for me to get a couple things dun to my girls here on the hill, But dang I don't like the wind we are having.
Getting things dun sure can make a fellow set back and enjoy a day just staring at your work :colors:

I here you Memike I am takeing it easy today,even tho I still need to bleed my rear breaks measure my drive shaft move my exhaust around.Very stiff and sore from laying on my back yesterday installing the 8 3/4,geting old sucks.take care buddy.

When we had one cut down they wanted us to mesure center u joint cap to cap and allow about 3/4 to a inch of play at the tranny.

Jack up the rear end to ride height. Stick the yoke in, pull it out 1", then measure from the center of the u-joint, to the center of the rear pinion, where the rear u-joint will fit. Make sure you jack up the rear, as hanging off jack stands changes the length. If you can, get 1350 u-joints, or 2950's, (probably a new yoke). For the rear, measure the diameter, and length , where the rear u-joint sits, and tell the shop. I can't remember what fits a 8 3/4". Dana is 1350 joint.

we measure from the end of the output shaft to the flat of the rear end yolk, which would be the center of the u joint cup.
WITH THE CAR ON THE GROUND

-
Back