Swap meet... wow

-

floivanus

Reaction score
I just went to the first swap meet that I have since i decided to restore that rusted out barracuda in my parents drive... and I have to say even though the one I went to today (In south bend, IN) was relatively good sized, i found exactly two people selling mopar parts, and both were gouging fairly good... then, of course about five or so vendors selling ford stuff..
I guess I'll stick to looking through the classifieds here for now. There isn't squat for mopar out there.

Yup, swap meets are tough but can be awesome too. If you find a Mopar swap space it seems it is usually fair to high prices. Now go to that small show and swap meet where a hand full of vendors show up and there may be 1 or 2 guys selling different stuff with no knowledge of what the Mopar stuff is and you can score it dirt cheap!!! I just had this happen a few weeks ago on 3 different Mopar items 8)

What do you need? I would post a wanted ad here, someone may have just what you are looking for!

oh trust me I looked hard, about the only thing I saw was a b-body k-frame and a rusty old 440 block that had orange rattle canned over the rust for $450

There was a smallblock 833 bellhousing for $250 too.

that's what I figured. That seems to be the only kind of people I'm finding lately. before I got the car I could find complete 440s for $500 or so... 4-speeds for 2 or 3, lately ZERO luck, and less money.

But hey, it was a great way to spend the day, and a ton of fun for me and the misses, gotta be happy to have a woman that loves going to these kind of things

I just went to the first swap meet that I have since i decided to restore that rusted out barracuda in my parents drive... and I have to say even though the one I went to today (In south bend, IN) was relatively good sized, i found exactly two people selling mopar parts, and both were gouging fairly good... then, of course about five or so vendors selling ford stuff..
I guess I'll stick to looking through the classifieds here for now. There isn't squat for mopar out there.

You went to the wrong type of swap meet.

Go to the Mopar swap meets and car show in your area. Join the local Mopar club in your area: http://www.michianamopar.org/EventsandPhotos.html

The are some large shows with large swaps in Chicago Indy, etc area too.

It was that way in stl too a guy was trying to sell a 71 dart fendr for 250 dollars its nuts.

There are some good meets out there. You just need to be willing to to travel sometimes.
The Mopar nats and Carlise are good places to find what you need, but you have be willing to either pay up or barter. Most folks will barter, especially Sat afternoon and Sunday.
Also, try some of the bigger all makes meets. I found a case of NOS oil filters for $6.00 in a pile of old ford stuff. I take my wife with me, I've shown her what all of the old Mopar logo's look like, and she can spot stuff that I walk by. Don't get discouraged, finding that stuff is 50% of the fun in my opinion.

This was just like this past Carlisle everything swap meet. There was honestly 5 or so venders selling Mopar stuff, and at that very little. I did score a 413 for $200 but that was from a Ford dealer. Now the Mopar Carlisle show, thats where its at.

I went to a swap meet at the Marion County Fair Grounds here. Mostly GM and Ford stuff. Only thing I picked up was a complete Demon tail light. That's about the only Mopar thing I saw. Besides a 72 Charger that was way to pricey for what it was.

All Mopar swap meets are where its at.

There's a spring meet in Indianapolis, the Nats in Columbus, and Monster Mopar in St Louis. There is plenty of cracksmokery going on at these places too, but its not as bad.

If you can't find it at any of those, its either worth paying big $$ for or you don't need it. LOL

i got a bolt on style aar cuda fiberglass hood for 75 bucks at e town this year... already installed it on the car and fits as good as a original steel one.

also scored a 1 /8 a body front sway bar for 50 bucks

pistol grip shifter for 40

-
Back