Votes: 6 16.2%
  • go for it

Votes: 31 83.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
After spending the last few months doing a major remodel on a rental unit I have I can get back on my cars the first of the new year. 69 Valiant and 74 Scamp The 69 will be on the market and the Scamp staying with me for a long time to come and will be passed onto my son after that

69 Valiant now has a 400 big block - 727 - Dana 60 - HDK tubular K frame-Suspension - needs some tweaking yet

74 Scamp with 69 Valiant front clip and 71 Dart rear bumper - 318 (tired) - A/C - 833OD - 8 1/4 single track

I have a fresh build LA 360 - 8 1/4 3:55 sure grip - Hotchkis leaf springs I'm putting in the Scamp and I'm considring taking the HDK out of the 69 and putting it in the Scamp and the stock stuff w/manual steering in the 69.Yes I know what it would take to do this

Opinions - be nice

Attachments

• DSCF0205.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 587
  • DSCF0499.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 593
Nothing wrong with keeping all the good stuff for the one that your keeping!!! No sense buying it twice. And your just selling the other one any way. It'll help make it a little cheaper and easier to sell! They both look great.

69 Valiant -- How much --
icon5.gif
-- More pictures ?

69 Valiant -- How much --
icon5.gif
-- More pictures ?

The way it sets now $17,500 freshly done needing tweaked (has wrong combo of intake - torque converter) pm me email for pictures if interested

Attachments

• DSCF0470.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 533
yeppers - x2
BTW - nice job on the 74!! I would put a 340 Duster grill in it - JM2c.
Nothing wrong with keeping all the good stuff for the one that your keeping!!! No sense buying it twice. And your just selling the other one any way. It'll help make it a little cheaper and easier to sell! They both look great.

All that confused the heck outta me.......but put all the good stuff on the one you are gonna keep. lol

My wife voted but I hear that from her all the time anyway
You make me think I should vote go for it to offset her.

I think the question depends on how great it is. If it's something you're gonna want to do to this one, it's worth spending some to swap the $$$ onto the keeper and spend far less putting the stock in the mover since it's not likely to add its value to the vehicle. Just because it was money doesn't mean you need to save it if you think you won't want it later on the other car.

Dude,
You're an idiot!
That '69 is so totally BadAss, and so ridiculously nice under the hood.
And the '74? It's the '69 that never was.
They both rock and I'm totally jealous.
(have fun making up your mind, I'm obviously no help)

69 Valiant is probably one of my favorite body styles. But having been their done it. They just don't have the re-sale value like some of the more popular cars. I personally would yank all that good hardware out and put it in the car you want to keep. And don't look back. Good luck on what ever you decide.

After spending the last few months doing a major remodel on a rental unit I have I can get back on my cars the first of the new year. 69 Valiant and 74 Scamp The 69 will be on the market and the Scamp staying with me for a long time to come and will be passed onto my son after that

69 Valiant now has a 400 big block - 727 - Dana 60 - HDK tubular K frame-Suspension - needs some tweaking yet

74 Scamp with 69 Valiant front clip and 71 Dart rear bumper - 318 (tired) - A/C - 833OD - 8 1/4 single track

I have a fresh build LA 360 - 8 1/4 3:55 sure grip - Hotchkis leaf springs I'm putting in the Scamp and I'm considring taking the HDK out of the 69 and putting it in the Scamp and the stock stuff w/manual steering in the 69.Yes I know what it would take to do this

Opinions - be nice

If I weren't looking for a 65 built like your 69, I'd consider making the trip to see her.

If you like the setup that you have in the '69, I would pull it and put it in the '74. If you do swap, then you have to consider how much the value of the setup in the '69 will add to or decrease the value of the car. I have considered buying a HDK setup myself, I just don't see where you will increase the value as much as the setup will cost, makes no difference in value if you plan on keeping the car. Good luck either way.

Well I was planning on starting the swap after I finished our bathroom remodel but that may not happen now that I found some termite damage in the base plates under the floor joist appears to be limited to about an 8' area but what makes me mad this is an addition that was done about 10 years ago and the contractor used the wrong material and not the best workmanship of course he's no longer in business or in the area

proper way to remove motor etc

Attachments

• DSCF0544.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF0545.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCF0546.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF0548.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 158
-- Keep the 69. -- Of course, I'm biased, because I have one. -- Good luck with whatever you decide.

That's kind of the plan for now I'm good at several things in redoing a car but tuning has never been one of my strong points and I hate paying someone to do something I've got it way out of whack I'm going to bight the bullet and pay someone to help me figure it out

-
Back