Swap to power disk ??

-

1976DrtSport

Reaction score
Hello all. Just curious if anyone can clue me in here. I have the 76 Dart Sport with factory front disk brakes, NON power. Is all thats needed to make them power a booster? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

What do you not like about non power discs? The effort, even without power assist should be very low if everything is in good working order.
My 68 and my wife's 73, both have non power discs.

You'd need a booster with an A body bracket, master cylinder, and a new brake lever push rod.

But personally I'd skip it. I have power disks on my challenger, and manual disks on my duster. Of the two, I much prefer the manual brakes on the duster. They work just as well and don't have the vague, soft feeling that the booster gives. Sure, the pedal effort is a little more on the manual brakes, but with the right master cylinder its really doesn't take a lot of "leg" to get the car stopped even in a hurry. Eventually the booster will come off of the challenger and it will be swapped over to manuals.

Well, ok then, lol. Everyone that has responded to the thread says dont bother. Theres not really any effort involved with the brakes as it is, so i suppose thats the way to go.... They seem to work well as is, stop when i say stop, just not used to the feel, kinda maked me nervous at times HAHA, but never fail to stop liek i ask it to Ill just rebuild the whole system as is. Thanks for the opinions and advice all !!

-
Back