Swapping on an Airgap intake

-
After using many products for pipe threads both for automotive and industrial hydraulic use over a 35 year period, Loctite's Liquid Teflon wins hands down.

It came out of the box that way. Or maybe I don't understand what you mean?

Oh lol I went back and looked at your old photos I just realized you switched intakes out! I thought you put the old one back on.

Quick update. Got the car back together and fired this past weekend. Was running stupid rich. I couldn't get the car turned around in the garage so I had to wait until today so I could pull it out and get the pipes aimed outside. I dropped the secondary floats a bit since they seemed high. That helped with the rich condition a little. I ended up closing all four idle needles, it didn't die and was still running rich. Upon poking around, I found the choke butterfly is sitting closed all the time. If I pop it open with my finger the car clears out (died the first time, so I had to crack the needles back open 1/4 turn each), but the idle runs up to about 1800rpm even with the throttle closed. I imagine the choke is just a symptom and not the cause. Probably not going to get to mess with it again until Saturday though.

-
Back