Sway bar/disc swap early a

-

scottylack

Reaction score
Putting a sway bar in my 65 Barracuda and doing the 73 Disc Brake Swap from a Duster. Someone stated that I might have to alter the brake set up to fit the sway bar ... what do I have to do specifically?

thanks

You'll notice on the 73, the calipers mounted forward of the spindle. To fit either a factory or aftermarket sway bar, you'll need to mount the calipers aft of the spindle. How? Simple, swap calipers and spindles side to side (you actually just swap the lower ball joints and install on opposite side).

swapped the spindles, but you cant swap the lower balls due to the steering linkage ...correct?

Correct, just unbolt the ball joint from the spindle and swap the spindles side to side along with the calipers (if you don't swap the calipers the bleeder will be on the bottom and you won't be able to bleed the brakes.

The reason you need to do this is on the 72 an older cars the sway bar mounts to the lca outboard of the strut rod and with the caliper forward it can hit the sway bar when the wheel is turned in. The 73+ cars had the sway bar routed through the k-member and mounted inboard of the strut rod.

-
Back