Sway Bar Help

-

72 340 DUSTER

Reaction score
i am currently restoring my 72 duster, and while its still on the rotisery i would like to add a front swaybar, but at the same time i would rather put the 200$ somewhere else, plus i do not have sway bar lower contol arms, so i will have to do some work to them. My question is to those of you who have a car that you drove without a swaybar and then decided to put one on, what was the difference handeling wise? was it really worth the 200 bucks or did it not help it too signifigantly. please let me know your thoughts, if you could send me a pm that would be great, thanks

my addco fit like crap on the cuda (too wide), i put a factory 15/16 bar on. maybe check out hellwig...

Here's what our front bar looks like installed on a 68 Barracuda. Our tubular Front sway bar p/n 55906 sells on Summit for $219. This bar weighs about 9 lbs or about half what a solid bar weighs. We are a sponsor on FABO now also.

394071649.jpg

394071648.jpg

Put bars on both front and rear....keeps the car from feeling like you are going to scrape the rocker panels !!

thanks guys im going to order the hellwig bar from the speed shop i work at, just one more question, i have super stock leaf springs for the rear (in factory location) i want to put the rear bar on but i plan to do some drag racing from time to time and wonder if this will affect the way the springs bind up during launch? if anyone knows that would be great, thanks for your help guys!

A rear sway bar will help keep the axle planted during launch. Our adjustable 3/4" rear bar is primarily designed for handling but it will contribute to the effort.

Here's what our front bar looks like installed on a 68 Barracuda. Our tubular Front sway bar p/n 55906 sells on Summit for $219. This bar weighs about 9 lbs or about half what a solid bar weighs. We are a sponsor on FABO now also.

394071649.jpg

394071648.jpg

will those front sway bars work on a 69 dart that is running a 73-up style disc brake? i know some bars will interfere with the front mounted calibers. i need a set of bars for jamies 69 dart.

72,340 Duster - p/n for the rear sway bar is 6907. It is 3/4" dia with three adjustment points to allow you to tune it to your suspension setup.

abodyjoe - We have a front sway bar for the 73-76 A-body K-member p/n 55905. It is a 1-1/8" tubular sway bar that mounts inside the K-member like the stock bar. Summit has these for $159.99. It is shown below.

394071725.jpg

abodyjoe - We have a front sway bar for the 73-76 A-body K-member p/n 55905. It is a 1-1/8" tubular sway bar that mounts inside the K-member like the stock bar. Summit has these for $159.99. It is shown below.

thats not what i need. i need one for a 69 dart that has the stock 69 k-frame but has a 73-up disc brake system on it. so it needs to bolt to a 69 dart k-frame and it needs to clear the 73 style caliber. that make sense? its a very common swap so i know i'm not the only one running this set up. will the 55906 clear a front mounted caliber? its a hard to see if there is room in the pics above. a stock sway bar sits kinda high and interferes.

abodyjoe - I thought you had swapped k-members. If you have the 69 K-member the bar will fit with some adjustments. If you are running the factory sway bar tabs on the control arms you can cut down the spacer tube and use a shorter bolt to get the clearance. If you don't have factory tabs, then you can turn the supplied bracket that bolts to the shock bolt upside down and shorten the end link to get your clearance.

-
Back