Sway bar options for 65 Dart

-

B Taylor

Reaction score
I have a stock 65 Dart GT and the body lean is pretty severe. I would like to know of the options for sway bars, my car does not have front nor rear.
I am keeping it a daily driver and will keep mostly stock suspension. What have you guys done?

Your 2 options are find a stock early A sway bar or go aftermarket of which there are several companies to chose from.

My choice that I bought but not yet installed is the sway bar from Helwig - 1 & 1/4 inches, drill one hole each side on the K frame to use the mounting brackets, bolts to the stock 65-72 LCA's with sway bar tab (or the shock mount supplied tab)

Your 2 options are find a stock early A sway bar or go aftermarket of which there are several companies to chose from.

My choice that I bought but not yet installed is the sway bar from Helwig - 1 & 1/4 inches, drill one hole each side on the K frame to use the mounting brackets, bolts to the stock 65-72 LCA's with sway bar tab (or the shock mount supplied tab)
WOW the front is 300 seems pricy.

WOW the front is 300 seems pricy.

Is that what the Helwigs are going for? I bought mine off Amazon with free shipping for less than $240 IIRC. A stock sway bar seems to vary wildly in price, depending on how proud the seller is of it!

Buy the Hellwig or Firm Feel sway bar and some Bilstein or KYB shocks and enjoy the new found control.

-
Back