Sway Bar Questions

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a front and rear sway bars on a 72 Demon 340. The issue is the lower control arms don't have the mounting tabs on them, does anyone make a kit for this or do I have to replace the control arms?? What is involved in adding a sway bar to the rear? Any recommendations??

Thanks
Tom

The front ones can be made using simple angle iron welded on, there are a few threads on here somewhere.

THese look nice I dont have them yet but I am thinking about it

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I5EEKU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Hellwig 55914 Tubular Front Sway Bar : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

You would need a different set for the later darts.

Is the lower control arm off of a '74 Dart the same as a '65 Barracuda? My donor car (Dart) doesn't have the control arms with sway bar and was thinking about prepping them with tabs in advance for disc brake swap to fish. Also was concerned about exact placement of "tabs"...

Dave @ Hellwig will have everything you need....100% excellent customer service..and he is a member here...

Is the lower control arm off of a '74 Dart the same as a '65 Barracuda? My donor car (Dart) doesn't have the control arms with sway bar and was thinking about prepping them with tabs in advance for disc brake swap to fish. Also was concerned about exact placement of "tabs"...

I'm slower than Congress, but learning...found this info..hope this can help someone..

Interchangeability between lower control arms on the Mopar cars

It's where the sway bar mount tab is welded onto the LCA that would make a LCA year specific to that automobile.
1965 to 1972 LCA's have the sway bar mount tab welded onto the arm by the lower, bottom end of the arm.
1973 to 1976 LCA's have the mount tab welded onto the arm in the middle of it.
So if your running a sway bar, you use the arm thats year specific to the car if it has sway bar mount tabs on it.

-
Back