Sweet 4 door 71

-

cdnEHbody

Reaction score
20150926_105618.jpg

Like the title says. Me and my dad were looking for a nice condition compact...ha. like an a body, falcon, or the like. We found this fella 2 hours north of us in saskatoon saskatchewan canada. We are the 3rd owners. Car was sold new from auto clearing there in Sept of 71. I have the original warranty card and clean air brochure for it. so far....car has zero rust. Not sure if it was really winter driven. 60k miles. It does have some rear end dents behind the rear wheels due to someone who can't reverse. It also had a re spray sometime in the 80s, my brother iin law who paints for a living figures as it looks like it got smucked on the rear pillar by something (only place he could find filler) . But all things considering the rest of the body and rockers are superb. Seat needs to be reupholstered In the front. No biggie. P.o. did new tie rods, brake cylinders , belts, hoses, points , cap and rotor wires etc.

Our plans include new seat cover, brake master and soft lines, weather stripping, dog dish caps, points driven t.f.i ignition, crank seal and timing gears and chain since we are in there) and body work do over and re spray (in a few years)

I am very mechanically inclined as I own old japanese bikes. And better yet my dad has worked at the local dodge dealer for 42 years. 20 of which he was a red seal mechanic who worked on these new. We still get access to the shop if we need a hoist and oem parts if they are available..and best of it all, Father son project and time together!

looking forward to mingling around here!

Welcome from over on Vancouver Island, BC. Love the car, looks clean.

My '49 Fargo came from Saskatchewan.

I also bought a '68 Valiant sedan that sold new in Regina. Straight car, too bad it sat by the ocean for 10 years.

Awesome I think I remember that car from 25 years ago if you can check and see if Steve the milkman used to own it.

Most of the reciepts I have say Greg on them. I'll read some more tomorrow.

The original owner was a lady from elrose sask.

-
Back