Sweeting Performance HydroBoosters

-

charger426

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck ordering a hydroboost or related parts from Sweeting Performance? Wonder if this guy is just HORRIBLE with coms and legitimately can't get parts out the door that he lists as in stock or if I should be worried I'm out a large chunk of money.

He's not BBC accredited, but he has a couple of complaints there. Never a good sign.

First ordered a full hydroboost system on Oct 9 with the understanding it would be 30-60 days before shipment. Figured out my hose situation and added some fittings on Nov11. Got him on the phone right after New Years and he said should be shipped in a couple weeks he apologized for the delay, I said I'll give him until the end of Jan before I have to go elsewhere for the booster as I need to get the car back in for finally assembly. Jan came and went he said he just can't get the booster in (note: I went ahead and ordered one off ebay had it here in a couple days but I get it he has a supplier he wants to use for quality control reasons to ensure he gets new units vs rebuilds).

He did offer to sell just the adapter bracket and fittings as those where in-stock and refund the rest, which I agreed to a little over 2 weeks ago. Pinged him Tuesday which was a week after the agreement he said I should have a tracking number "in a day or two". With the extended amount of time its been since payment was made (Oct) I called my credit card company this morning and asked what are my options, they suggested I go ahead and file a compliant so at a minimum I get my money back and if he comes through as a result of the compliant then I get the parts.

Sucks as it looks like his the only game in town for hydroboost adapters anymore for our cars. Plan at this point is to get one designed up myself and get this show on the road. Tried to spend money to save time but that never seems to work out lol.

Last edited:
First ordered a full hydroboost system on Oct 9 with the understanding it would be 30-60 days before shipment. Figured out my hose situation and added some fittings on Nov11. Got him on the phone right after New Years and he said should be shipped in a couple weeks he apologized for the delay, I said I'll give him until the end of Jan before I have to go elsewhere for the booster as I need to get the car back in for finally assembly. Jan came and went he said he just can't get the booster in (note: I went ahead and ordered one off ebay had it here in a couple days but I get it he has a supplier he wants to use for quality control reasons to ensure he gets new units vs rebuilds).

He did offer to sell just the adapter bracket and fittings as those where in-stock and refund the rest, which I agreed to a little over 2 weeks ago. Pinged him Tuesday which was a week after the agreement he said I should have a tracking number "in a day or two". With the extended amount of time its been since payment was made (Oct) I called my credit card company this morning and asked what are my options, they suggested I go ahead and file a compliant so at a minimum I get my money back and if he comes through as a result of the compliant then I get the parts.

Sucks as it looks like his the only game in town for hydroboost adapters anymore for our cars. Plan at this point is to get one designed up myself and get this show on the road. Tried to spend money to save time but that never seems to work out lol.
How did you pay? Maybe you can recoup payment?

I was also going to order a kit from him also but will wait now, who did you order your unit from on E-Bay ?

I was also going to order a kit from him also but will wait now, who did you order your unit from on E-Bay ?
It was someone who ordered a new unit for their truck and sold the truck before they installed the unit. Biggest thing is making sure you get one with the pushrod. ALSO I had to order a special socket to get the old bracket off. I'm still going to be into it hundreds less than buying a set up from him. Again there is a value to buying a done kit and if he had come through its would have been a fantastic way to go.

Credit card. I wasn't sure if it had been to long (first ordered in Oct). But I called today and they provided me a refund and opened a claim.
You go boy! Glad you got your dough back.

Anyone have any luck ordering a hydroboost or related parts from Sweeting Performance? Wonder if this guy is just HORRIBLE with coms and legitimately can't get parts out the door that he lists as in stock or if I should be worried I'm out a large chunk of money.
I order a booster back 10/27/22 and have not received it. Excuses after excuses as to when it will shipped. Guy is a fraud, don't risk ordering from him.

I don't know why people don't stick with the originals. Hydratech has been around since the early-mid 2000's doing these Hydroboost kits. He is the first company that specifically served the hydroboost/musclecar conversions.

You can save a buck somewhere else but Hydratech asks a few questions and gives you a kit with the exact thing you need and will work with you until it's installed and operating correctly. They have without a doubt seen every application and combination of brakes and made a kit for it.

Hydratech Braking Systems :: Products

Hydratech has always been excellent. However, the 6 month wait time can be excessive.

Six months IS excessive. For anything. Luckily, I received my kit in a short timefreme but that was before he moved to TN, years ago.

I have been looking at @BergmanAutoCraft p/s pump w/o the reservoir and manual brakes but may want to do Hydroboost in the future. Borgeson box, Dr.Diff Viper kit and Cobra rear kit, aluminum 90's Ram m/c. Does the p/s pump need to have a different spec if it is running the Borgeson box and Hydroboost. IIRC the hydroboost doesn't require much pressure.

Six months IS excessive. For anything. Luckily, I received my kit in a short timefreme but that was before he moved to TN, years ago.

I have been looking at @BergmanAutoCraft p/s pump w/o the reservoir and manual brakes but may want to do Hydroboost in the future. Borgeson box, Dr.Diff Viper kit and Cobra rear kit, aluminum 90's Ram m/c. Does the p/s pump need to have a different spec if it is running the Borgeson box and Hydroboost. IIRC the hydroboost doesn't require much pressure.
I run a slightly higher pressure with the HB. This way, during braking there is no lost of assist. If the pressure/flow is too low, the brakes take priority. My PS pump without the reservoir and the remote reservoir I sell combined with a high flow PS cooler makes the steering bullet proof. Zero issues in all my testing on big tracks where heat usually takes out steering on regular cars.

-
Back