Swinger 340

-

ef8340

Reaction score
heres my restoration project adam i registered at your site today and sent you some pics or you can use these
KimTerrysPictures208.jpg
KimTerrysPictures214.jpg
KimTerrysPictures216.jpg
KimTerrysPictures210-1.jpg

Nice ! Got all your info, Thanks.

VO2 = 2 tome Paint Looks like its was F4 green with a painted F8 top
V21 hood treatment

Does the stripe code read V8F ?

Do you have a build sheet for the car ?

well guys im still waiting for my seat covers argh 4 to 6 weeks has anyone tried year ones vynal dye thinking about going that route for my head rests cant find any nice green ones hint, hint when i get the seat covers ill post some pics hopefully the dye works good planning on getting interior all done before i go onto a paint job
keep yall posted soon
Terry

Nice ! Got all your info, Thanks.

VO2 = 2 tome Paint Looks like its was F4 green with a painted F8 top
V21 hood treatment

Does the stripe code read V8F ?

Do you have a build sheet for the car ?
on the v02 its the other way around f4 is the top and v8f is correct ledger green still kinda torn on the 2 tone but after seeing it listed on your registery as being the only one like it so far makes me wonder if i should go that route instead of just going all ef8, what does all of you guys think?

I think its a cool combo. I spoke with Joel Cooper about it the other night. I believe he may have a few other green stripe cars listed on his registry but there is very, very few of them. He also has a few red and Blue stripe cars listed that I didnt know about.

Obviously it is your car and you can make it however you want it. I am probably not the right person to be saying this since my car isn't the original color, but if I were you I would paint it original. 2 tone Green, performance hood paint and a green stripe...way too cool.

Does anyone have dimension detais on the V21 hood blackout treatment. I want to give my '71 Dart GT the V21 treatment (using gloss black), but cannot find any detailed information.

HELP!!

It runs down the center of the ridges in the hood.. No pin stripe.

100_0162.jpg

kinda a update got my front seat cover this weekend had the rear too but it was the bucket seat pattern instead of the bench style d'oh so now i have too wait another 2 weeks did manage to put the front on havent put the headrest on yet still lookin for some green ones will also be getting my carpet sooner than expected my workers comp finally sent my personal expense check and wife said it was a go i'll try to get some pics up soon

another update got home from work the other day and recieved my rear seat cover yippie i was excited until i opened the box to find that it was the same pattern again for a bucket seat car ARGH!!!!! so i boxed it back up and decided to bring it in to work with me i work in the next town next to yearone i figured id go vent in person to the guy that said he'd take care of it my boss was very understanding and let me have a early lunch so i went there and told them about my problem and that i was very upset over this whole deal come to find out i am the 1st person to order front and rear seat covers for a bench seat car and that the part numbers have been wrong all along they talked to there supplier directly and the problem is fixed now and i should recieve my rear seat cover in another 2 weeks year one also gave me a 75.00 dollar credit on my acount for my problems so i should be posting more pics in 2 weeks of my seats

Nice car to start with. If its as solid as it looks it should be an easy resto.

That is really a clean car. It is hard to find them that clean and with all its parts. Good luck with your project and keep us posted.

well another update ...... another messed up rear cover!!!!! they got the pattern right but instead of the pleated areas being all one piece they were seemed in the middle kinda like they had split bench material laying around and decided to cheap there way out and used it and when it was sewed together the two middle pleats were smaller in width then the rest top and bottom so back to year one i went this time really pissed even the counter person was in shock over the cover he has given me 2 choices choice 1 is they will order seat covers from legendary front and rear, but im not really wanting to rip off my new front cover seeing how nothing is wrong with it he told me that p.u.i interior colors and legendary colors were slightly different and that the waiting would be longer still ARGH!!!!! and option 2 is that yearone would get back intouch with p.u.i about this problem and see if this is how they make there rear covers for a bench seat and have them make another the right way also reinburse my money for the rear cover and make sure it will get done quicker so far im going with option 2 and waiting for the next messed up cover to arive will hopefully get new pics up soon of my new interior if it ever gets corrected

just got off the phone with year one p.u.i interior told them this is how they make those covers for the rear ?!?!?! im still baffled by this as the front bench seat is 1 piece for the pleats on the bottoms so year one is getting in contact with legendary to see how they do theirs which im pretty sure they will be right seeing as how they specialize in chrysler products so when you order your seat covers from year one make sure they are not the p.u.i interior ones so im thinking there will be alittle more waiting plus they are also giving me new carpet for my troubles just kinda bummed about having to remove that new seat cover maybe the colors are the same and i can have a spare

well been kinda holding back on you guys sorry bout that but im still having problems with year one or there supply peeps i did get my free carpet for some of my troubles yesterday and threw it in im gonna take it back out to put some dynamat in but after all the b.s. i've been going threw i just had to take some pics
KimTerrysPictures584.jpg
KimTerrysPictures585.jpg
KimTerrysPictures585.jpg
KimTerrysPictures585.jpg
KimTerrysPictures575.jpg
KimTerrysPictures576.jpg
KimTerrysPictures569.jpg
KimTerrysPictures567.jpg

Looking good. I got my seat covers and side panels from Legendary and was very happy with them.

well heres another update
year one called today informed me that my parts were in ............ hopefully the covers are right

Man its your car all the way but that is super rare and super cool with two tone green paint with the green bumble bee stripe,the hood blackout with the deluxe green two tone interior:) I would restore it back to its former glory as you will never see another one like that at any car show.Just my 2 cents. Great car and good luck with the resto on that ultra cool machine and keep me/us posted.

-
Back