Switching Gears: Mopar to Mustang

-

equium

Reaction score
Relax. I'm still Mopar at heart. :D
My daughter got a 66 mustang, so now I have to get it ready for her (like I did my son's Valiant).
Can anyone suggest a Mustang forum as good as FABO? I know it might be impossible, but I have to ask. I'm hoping to find a great group like I found here.
Thanks everyone
Danny

The corral isn't a bad one. I tried a few but I just can't get into other forums. They had good answers for me questions though and if I get stumped on something they will help me out. Vintage mustang seemed to be decent but I never made an account, just read threw old threads. Abodyjoe has some good ones if he chimes in.

Let's here some details about this mustang though and some pictures!!

There's nothing wrong with a little Mustang every now and then. But that's my thing...I like all cars.

There are so many online forums for the Mustang, but I don't know of any that come close to the knowledge base and camaraderie you can find here on FABO.

As already mentioned there is the Vintage Mustang Forum, but the Corral is late model stuff only, IIRC. Then there's Stangnet. It's a huge forum, but they have a section for the classic '64-'73 Mustangs. Pretty knowledgeable folks there if you can weed through some of the silly stuff.

You should definitely tells us more about the new project.

Thanks, Doogievlg and dozer556.
I'll check those out. Vintage Mustang Forum (VMF) looked promising, but everytime I tried to register, I got stuck in a loop.
I bought the mustang from a co-worker, who bought it from another co-worker several years before that. It's been sitting in his garage for a few years. It's in pretty decent shape. A few small rust holes in the floor pan, but nothing bigger than a child's fist. The engine is a 289-2V. Auto-trans. The previous co-co worker had done a lot of work to the suspension, so that was a plus. (after doing the front end on the valiant, I can't look at another bushing, lol) I'm going to do the SSBC disc upgrade. The interior is all out, but it's all there, so it's just a matter of putting all back. Here are some photos, and I can post more as the project progresses. This will be a fun project. My son was not too involved in the valiant, but my daughter can't wait to to get her hands dirty.

Attachments

• 20140703_134624.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 20140703_134633.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 20140703_134646.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Engine Bay.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 198
Nice ride. Four eyed pride .com (79-86 Mustangs) ,deals some really intelligent Ford posts. Most of the members there, own multiple era Ford rides. Check it out.

She looks sweet!

What's the scoop on the Karmann Ghia to the side of the 3rd pic? That one of yours too?

The Ghia belongs to my co-worker. The pics are all taken in front of his house. He's selling the Ghia. Too many cars, not enough time. He wants to focus on a COE car hauler for his '50 Ford.

Abodybomber: thanks for the info; i'll check them out.

Well, good luck with that Mustang build. Looks like she's pretty solid. Bet it's going to be a nice ride.

Scared the crap out of me for a second! I thought you were dumping the Barracuda for a Mustang. I have to say I'm not a Ford fan. let's just leave it at that.

I would love to find a nice 69 sport roof to make my own way !!

Scared the crap out of me for a second! I thought you were dumping the Barracuda for a Mustang. I have to say I'm not a Ford fan. let's just leave it at that.
Not a chance. I just ordered a throw out bearing for the cuda. I drove it the other day and the noise it makes is so embarrassing. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze it in before I get to deep in the mustang.

Not a chance. I just ordered a throw out bearing for the cuda. I drove it the other day and the noise it makes is so embarrassing. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze it in before I get to deep in the mustang.

You should do it this week and then bring it down to Cupertino for the Mopar Alley show next weekend (Sunday, June 14).

my 66 mustang

Attachments

• 480_100_7173.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 98
Very Nice Ted. Looks like a 6 cyl. I kind of wished I would have found a 6 cyl. I've been dying to trick out a slant 6 for a while. I would have been satisfied with a ford 6 to play with.

Cool little Mustang--good little engine, parts available everywhere and lots of people downloading their pushrod stuff for new mod motors...

stangnet.com used to have a handful of smart people on it...probably less retards on the classic pages than the newer cars. I'm on there too with the same screen name, but I haven't posted regularly since probably 2013...just like with any other forum you just have to be patient and sift through through the chaff to find the wheat.

Just bustin' your balls here, but it's a good thing you're not obligated to post #-o

You should do it this week and then bring it down to Cupertino for the Mopar Alley show next weekend (Sunday, June 14).
I heard about the show in Cupertino. I wish I could go. Our county fair is that weekend and both my kids are involved with the fair (daughter is competing in Miss El Dorado County and My son is performing with a Jazz band).
Let me know when it comes back around, though
danny

-
Back