t-56 swap details help

-
...My clutch only had 20,000 miles on it, so i just bought a new disk with the proper splines. I hope the viper throw out bearing is setup correctly; i had to make a 1/2" spacer for it. Tonight i welded up the new cross member so that i could take the car off the lift while im gone. I gave the transmission a lot of clearance; the sacrifice in interior room isnt much, and is worth it to me when im under the car. I also replaced the 3/4" master cylinder with the new 7/8" one. Tomorrow im going to work on the roll cage a bit.
DSC00701.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

only thing i can think of, the pressure plate i have needs more room than i have.

Another two days off work, another two days working on the car...Heres what i have done so far: I got the removable portion of the crossmember welded up and bolted onto the transmission. I swapped out my mechanical speedo for the electric one tonight and started working on the floor. I am hoping to get the floor mostly done before i leave friday morning. I am going to make the top part of the tunnel flat and removable to make everything easier when i need to take the trans out again.

I got my new hurst shifter ball today along with the correct yoke for the tansmission (1350 U joint). I am very happy with the shifter ball, its a nice contrast to all of the black; the 6spd H pattern on top's pretty cool too. Now i can also measure for the driveshaft and send it out to get cut so that maybe the next time im down i can drive it!
DSC01340.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

mines running good i got the clutch taken care of, i was over thinking everything. the pedal was good starting out and i guess as everything got hot, the fluid the maste rand the slave, i didnt have enough play in the pedal. i shortened the rod up and its good. i put all new gauges in but the speedo isnt reading off the trans. i did some testing and i think its the speed sensor i should have a new one tomorrow. well see. i had the white hurst knob but sent it back for a black i think the size of them is perfect. my wife and i just made a boot for it, if i had a chrome stick id have kept the white knob. i have some an aftermarket mustang shifter and it puts the knob right where i want it, but its ugly so the boot goes right up to the knob.

Ive had a couple people pm me over the months asking about the clutch linkage, so i took a few pics and also am putting up a few of the demons transmission tunnel.
Stock clutch pedal linkage welded to a nut to thead onto the clutch masters shaft.
DSC01417.jpg

Demon tunnel, since it didnt start out with the 4spd hump it was easier to make. Theres obviously cleaner ways of making this tunnel, but i like making it so that the top it removable to work on the trans while its in the car still.
DSC01698.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

Looks good any more updates? I have a 67 cuda and a 6spd out of a 2006 gto and am watching your thred as im going to be doing the same thing. Just cant decide weather i want to put the big block back in or put a 5.7 hemi in ? All your info has been great helps me out a bunch thanks!Where did you get your rebuild parts for your trans?:burnout:

Hey, thanks for the compliment, Im sorry i hadnt seen your post sooner...not too many updates, everythings setup and ready to go on the demon, im just waiting on getting the engine running before buttoning up the top of the console...Heres a pic of the duster (...this was it in the wrecking yard after the accident)
DSC01551.jpg

Here are some pics just after i finished herculining the floor (and a pic of the reverse selonoid area i had to cut out of the console, i made the angles a bit more aggressive on the demon then the duster, hadnt accounted for the selonoid). If you'd like any other pics ill see what ive got, or can take some on the weekends when im home working on the demon... as far as the big block vs hemi, im a fan of the hemi. Good luck!

Photo03092301.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

Great job! Question: Does the original pedal return spring serve any purpose? It looks like it is just hanging loose in the photo.

Thanks, The return spring is functional, however, the hydraulic clutch does not give enough resistance to return the pedal all the way, so i also have a 2nd return spring pulling on the pedal...Im nervous removing such a big spring, and dont know how much it will affect the pedal feel without it. I like how it feels currently though.

Since im on here my Wilwood master has begun to leak, i ordered a replacement. In an unrelated note my 2nd gear synchro is shot. When i have the chance to rebuild the transmission i will be faceplating 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears...it seems like something id enjoy, durability seems as good as synchros as well

-
Back