T/A Heads

-

CraigPoulin

Reaction score
I have set of T/A Heads that came with my 340 Duster when I bought it.
Just wondering what they might be worth?
They are just sitting in my garage and I have no desire to put them on as I have the matching # heads on the car.
I also have the Exaust Manifolds that seems to be part of the T/A set up

Last edited:
The exhaust manifolds are the same as any other 70 340 HP manifold. If you have heads complete with rocker gear, they have significant value, if you have bare heads, you just have a J head with the pushrod hole moved, and bare, not worth a lot. Post some pics

T/A's are restoration pieces. That's their value. the rocker gear is special and there is no performance gains on stockers, just the potential (meat) for further porting. Sell them to the T/A crowd.

TA rockers and TA offset drilled intake

e8a5_1.jpg

e265_1.jpg

The exhaust manifolds are the same as any other 70 340 HP manifold. If you have heads complete with rocker gear, they have significant value, if you have bare heads, you just have a J head with the pushrod hole moved, and bare, not worth a lot. Post some pics
I will certainly post some pics when I get home. I do not have the T/A rocker gear. I have offset Crane roller rockers

T/A's are restoration pieces. That's their value. the rocker gear is special and there is no performance gains on stockers, just the potential (meat) for further porting. Sell them to the T/A crowd.
Thank you, I do not have the rocker gear , I have crane roller rockers with the offset rockers

Not sure if crane ever made TA roller rockers....but never know...Harland Sharp makes TA roller rockers..... .550 offset..on the intake.

Not sure if crane ever made TA roller rockers....but never know...Harland Sharp makes TA roller rockers..... .550 offset..on the intake.
I have the crane rockers still on the heads I’m going to post pics when I get home

hey guys i know its been a while. life got busy.
i still have those heads. but i need some help identifying them. W2? TA? are there markings that would tell them apart or do i need to measure the offset somehow?

The rockers look to be perfectly centered over the valve stems, as if someone had them modified to fit the TA heads, so what would the problem be? Nothing that I could imagine.

Hey guys, this isn't a sale thread. Discuss all you want but I don't want to see any more offers to buy unless the op want's me to change the thread to a sale thread. If you want to make an offer, talk about it through a private message. Thanks

The rockers look to be perfectly centered over the valve stems, as if someone had them modified to fit the TA heads, so what would the problem be? Nothing that I could imagine.
Hey guys, this isn't a sale thread. Discuss all you want but I don't want to see any more offers to buy unless the op want's me to change the thread to a sale thread. If you want to make an offer, talk about it through a private message. Thanks
my apologies, it started out as a sales thread over a year ago. i posted as a new member and spent a short amount of time on the forum. therefore i am still unfamiliar with the proper approach. just trying to gain some info and im not sure where to look

hey guys i know its been a while. life got busy.
i still have those heads. but i need some help identifying them. W2? TA? are there markings that would tell them apart or do i need to measure the offset somehow?

Take a pic of the casting number on the heads, and a pic of the intake pushrod holes, from the top, without the rockers installed.

my apologies, it started out as a sales thread over a year ago. i posted as a new member and spent a short amount of time on the forum. therefore i am still unfamiliar with the proper approach. just trying to gain some info and im not sure where to look
This non-sale thread is a perfect place to ask questions and gain knowledge.

T/A heads are 915 castings. (the casting number ends with 915)

But...... so are later 340 & 360 heads, even on the 2-barrel engines.

The only unique thing is the intake push rod holes were drilled offset for the T/A rocker gear.

The heads are not hard to find, but the rocker gear is, so that limits the head value.

No aftermarket company makes rockers with the proper offset for these heads yet.

How about a picture of the push rod holes with the rockers off.

T/A heads are 915 castings. (the casting number ends with 915)

But...... so are later 340 & 360 heads, even on the 2-barrel engines.

The only unique thing is the intake push rod holes were drilled offset for the T/A rocker gear.

The heads are not hard to find, but the rocker gear is, so that limits the head value.

No aftermarket company makes rockers with the proper offset for these heads yet.

That's not true ! Harland Sharp makes a T/A offset rocker

-
Back