T/A side exhaust?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Anybody have a good photo/ diagram of "how they did" the mufflers/ tailpipes on the TAs? I know what they look like on the OUTSIDE I'm looking for under the car

Looked in a real, paper, Walker catalogue yesterday, "everything except TA"

picture

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 598
Thanks, I finally found a diagram in a parts book. I guess that's the way "we" will do it, although may not get it done this summer.

there are two set of hangars...one set will hold the muffler in place..and a second set just in front of the rear wheels where the side pipe will hang ...

i still got a set of OEM mufflers in boxes that i bought back in 1979...and the hangars too...

5fba_35.JPG

Yeah, I found I actually had a "parts" pdf

25hpaat.jpg

70AAR, I'm curious "what" that system is, IE who made it?

Back in 1974 I bought a set at a Dodge dealer , wanted to install on my 70 dart , sold the car never got around to installing . Sold them to a friend with a camaro , looked and sounded good on the Camaro .
Should be real nice on a Dart , can't wait to see some pics and sound bytes of yours .

Dynomax Super Turbo, Part #17676 , currently 63.95 on the Summit Racing website.

Yeah, thanks, you guys. It might be awhile, even next year, before I get around to this.

Dynomax Super Turbo, Part #17676 , currently 63.95 on the Summit Racing website.

Very cool, I was just thinking the other day how sweet it would look on my Super coupe. Any ideas where to get the tips?

Yeah, I found I actually had a "parts" pdf

25hpaat.jpg

70AAR, I'm curious "what" that system is, IE who made it?

I am kinda surprised to see it's an unbalanced system I would have thought it would at least have an H pipe.

I am kinda surprised to see it's an unbalanced system I would have thought it would at least have an H pipe.

H pipe...these thing were made back in 1970..lol

41 yrs ago.......

Only h pipe back then was a hash pipe

Uh, ha!! !!WRONG!!

my 69 383 RR had an "H" pipe, 's what made it so damn tough to get the 4 speed in/ out!!

I don't know about my 70 sixpack car, because when I got it (second owner) it already had headers, and custom side exhaust.

Wish I could find the guy who bent those up, he did a magnificent job--no "crimps" from a bender!!

My 70 shop manual shows 70 Barracuda/ Cuda with 340/383, etc had an H pipe, don't know how accurate it is.

Even my 67 manual shows an H pipe on some models:

2nkhnc7.jpg

Uh, ha!! !!WRONG!!

my 69 383 RR had an "H" pipe, 's what made it so damn tough to get the 4 speed in/ out!!

I don't know about my 70 sixpack car, because when I got it (second owner) it already had headers, and custom side exhaust.

Wish I could find the guy who bent those up, he did a magnificent job--no "crimps" from a bender!!

My 70 shop manual shows 70 Barracuda/ Cuda with 340/383, etc had an H pipe, don't know how accurate it is.

Even my 67 manual shows an H pipe on some models:

2nkhnc7.jpg

yep my boss's cuda's that have original exhaust have H pipes. don't know about the SB cars though

Interesting, seems like a lot of back-pressure would be caused by running the muffs like that, but id expect a deep lopey idle from not connecting the pipes to balance the exhaust.

Interesting, seems like a lot of back-pressure would be caused by running the muffs like that, but id expect a deep lopey idle from not connecting the pipes to balance the exhaust.

I think you got it in one - I read somewhere that those mufflers cost around 20 HP.

Still, style comes at a cost ;)

-
Back