T5 swap to a 225 Slant 6?

-

Chrono

Reaction score
Ok, so I've seen a lot of guys run this swap of small and big block engines in A Bodies, but I've yet to find any info on someone doing this to a Slant 6....
I've bot the basic ideas covered (input splines, input shaft bushing, cross member mod, driveshaft yoke, etch)
Can't seem to find a bell housing though....
I was thinking about adapting a 4 speed belt housing though

Any ideas or thoughts?

That would be super easy for a GOOD machine shop to make All you will need is an adapter plate to adapt the trans to the slant bellhousing and a crank adapter to space the flywheel back the same thickness as the bellhousing adapter. If you know someone who is a good wood worker you could get them to make templates from wood and then get the machine shop to copy in steel.

Ok, so I've seen a lot of guys run this swap of small and big block engines in A Bodies, but I've yet to find any info on someone doing this to a Slant 6....
I've bot the basic ideas covered (input splines, input shaft bushing, cross member mod, driveshaft yoke, etch)
Can't seem to find a bell housing though....
I was thinking about adapting a 4 speed belt housing though

Any ideas or thoughts?

Someone on slantsix.org did this. I believe they did like RRR said and had a machine shop just make an adapter.

That's how I would do it. That way, if you ever upgraded to a V8, you could still bolt the T5 right to the V8 bellhousing too.

Check with Wilcap, they might already have it or could make it for you.

Slantsix.org had a group buy on the adapter a few years ago.
I am pretty sure it either used a Mustang or Camaro trans.
If you were going to put it in a truck the S-10 one fit good from what I remember.

Awesome info guys. Thanks a lot.
I do plan to keep the Slant 6 though. I enjoy odd engines and such :)

-
Back