t5 torque rating

-

Reaction score
Torque rating is for the 80's WC t5 is 265 lb-ft and 90's is 310 lb-ft my question are those net or gross rating??

I know there's better choices but since I'm building a fairly built 273 torque shouldn't be too much of a problem
and with a 3.35 1st gear 3.91 rears and 25" tires car will pull like it has 5.13 gears and rev 2500 rpm at 70 mph.

From what i have read in the past, that rating is a projection over X number of years.

Also you may have seen(if you searched a lot of mustang forums) the reliability can be somewhat of a crapshoot. Some people insist they are made of glass and other push oem t5's into the 11s.

The best Ford did,was the "World Class". (Not reliable enough, for the money).Good to about 350-375 h.p.,power shifting kills them. A good shifter with positive stops(Pro 5.0,Hurst ,Steeda))& a GOOD synthetic fluid,(Amsoil,Royal Purple) work wonders to keep a stock 5.0 trans alive. Make sure,you buy one from a reputable dealer.There are at least 15 different versions,of the T-5 out there. I wouldn't buy a used one,ever.The are some kick *** upgrades ,to make a T-5 live. Do some research with the 5.0 forums.

Thanks for the info abodybomber
The Net torque levels of my 273 when ever it gets done shouldn't be anything the t5 can't handle.

-
Back