Table Saw

-
And herein lays the PROBLEM, a tool needed only once, at Napa, HD, Lowe's, is 98% China made anyhow..Shocked the **** outta me that O' Rileys had some Good Ol USA MADE Lisle piston tools for me, cost more than I liked, but Hey Man, you know, i had to do it!

Come on, man. That’s like me saying I just broke up with my ex and asking if you guys knew of any single ladies OTHER THAN MY EX. And then someone says, “Don’t get back with your ex!”

Come on, man. That’s like me saying I just broke up with my ex and asking if you guys knew of any single ladies OTHER THAN MY EX. And then someone says, “Don’t get back with your ex!”
Ok, ok, I yield! Lol you gave me the first laugh I've had in about 2 days man.

My dad bought a new Craftsman 12" direct drive table saw in 1975. He's probably sawed 40 semi loads of wood on it in all the years that have passed. That saw is still in use almost daily and still has the original motor on it. So the best bang for the buck is finding an older Craftsman on Marketplace. There are plenty of older people that have them retiring and passing away. The market should be full of them, I know you can't hardly give away a radial arm saw today.

Tom

Some people need positive reinforcement.
Not saying the OP does, but I bet some random reader of the thread does.
Probably married the same woman twice, too.

Can't say on pricing, and definitely not portable, but second an old Delta with a new fence. I have a '96 Delta table saw that was their cheap model, got the roller base. Fence was awful. Two years ago, got a Bestop (?) fence for it, thing is right on!

New tools, I like DeWalt.

Any recommendations for a 8' portable table saw? The cheap stuff I see in HF are all plastic, id like something a little better and with a accurate fence
Not using commercially, just for small projects. Thanks
Hunt the classifieds. I found a very nice, 1960s craftsman 9 inch, solid cast iron table saw for 25 bucks. Works really well. And I was able to take the blade track and enlarge it a bit and it’ll run a 10 inch blade just fine.

Hunt the classifieds. I found a very nice, 1960s craftsman 9 inch, solid cast iron table saw for 25 bucks. Works really well. And I was able to take the blade track and enlarge it a bit and it’ll run a 10 inch blade just fine.
Grinder,Drexel? Jigsaw? I like that thar mod!

Grinder,Drexel? Jigsaw? I like that thar mod!
None of the above, I took a 9 inch chop saw disc and using a 2x4 scrap either the track bolted to it, i clearanced it enough run the 10 in blade

I tell my wife all my construction tools don't work anymore lol, (except they will when I can finally afford to either expand my garage or build a new shop someday)

I tell my wife all my construction tools don't work anymore lol, (except they will when I can finally afford to either expand my garage or build a new shop someday)
I'm about over it myself, but I doubt I'll ever quit the trades. Heck, I don't know much else! But I'm darn good at what I do

I’ve got a Foster taking up space. Made in Canada I don’t really use it

FD184B6F-1191-4F57-9DDA-1EF64435A7DC.jpeg

9D2AFA92-E207-48A4-BF2F-A9D82274C942.jpeg

EE7DC7A4-82A1-46A5-8110-B34B34318FA9.jpeg

0E6E0C59-8FBA-4A8F-AFC8-B660FA378880.jpeg

-
Back