tach bracket

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
How are you guys mounting your tachs, any special brackets? I would like to mount my 3 in. autometer on top of the dash, but I am unable to drill any holes. Any ideas?

I mounted mine under the dash between the ebrake and the hood release. Im kinda anal when it comes to things on my dash and in my windsheild. It saved me from drilling a hole in the top of my dash or making up a bracket.
If not on your dash you could go with a hood/cowl mounted with a waterproof shell.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/scamp_of_doom_73/album?.dir=/8484scd&.src=ph

Pics are kinda dark the flash died on my camera.

I've had mine on the column and below the dash frame. if you could post a picture of your setup maybe it will help with a visual

i mounted mine on top of my column.. its a bad picture but it works great and i like its central location and how its readily availible to see!

sorry again about the bad pic.. ill have to take a better one!

PDR_0333.gif

I made a bracket that tucks under the dash pad and comes over the top of the dash. Somebody sells these but I don't know their name. Mine holds my autometer Monster tach, my oil pressure mounts at the bottom and my nitrous arming switch mounts on the face. Actually works pretty good. Wish I had some pictures to share. we'll see.

don

Mine is mounted to the A piller. Took it off, drilled a hole, use a few spacers and its good to go. No drilling into the dash, its not in the way of seeing the speedo or the road and you dont have to look down when racing/driving.

fwiw mines hiding down there below the dash frame. i used to have it on the column which was much easier to read, but blocks gauges. but it does ok down there.
100_0661.jpg

I made one like those expensive one you buy. Had some heave guage sheet
metal. Cut it about 3-4 in wide. Wraped it around the dash pad in between
the inst. cluster and the heater. Some one had drilled a hole just under the
pad. I used it. Painted it with that bed liner spray paint. Has the same look
as the dash pad. Didn't cost a thing. Try it. Use a coat hanger to mock up
the shape of the pad to go by. Good luck. Green Duster.

I knew I could count on you guys! Thanks for the great ideas. This is why I keep coming back.

-
Back