Tach on Dash?

-

Craig NY

Reaction score
Well i scored an awesome deal on a 5" sport comp w/shift and warning lights, and i was pondering mounting locations, i want to mount on the dash, but it gets a little tight up there on a Duster. Anyone have theirs mounted on the dash of their Duster or any other A body, i know it looks kinda big, and kinda obstructs the view, but this is going to be a street/strip car, slowly evolving to all race car eventually, any pics of what im thinking of doing would be great!

I made a bracket that attached under the dash pad and folds back around the pad...did it when i had the dash out of course

I have mine mounted on the dash, but it is a smaller one. Not too sure if it will help yopu out or not. It is not the best pic of it as it is the pic of my pistol grip.

Damn, what a good idea. I was going to try and mount it on the pillar. That saves me some time.

how,s this. It slips under the dash pad and even covers up a nasty crack. It also mounts my oil pressure guage and my nitrous arming switch.

tach bracket small.jpg

Thats great, im trying to hide a crack as well, its the only one on an otherwise perfect dash. it ill fit so i thinl im gonna go fer it!

I also made my own out of sheet metal. Had a chunk left over
from my rear firewall.(battery in trunk). I took a coat hanger
and bent it around the pad, then just transfered to the
sheet metal. Don't have any pics, buy it turned out pretty good.
I used some spray-on bed liner paint to cover it. Looks alot
like the grain of the dash.

-
Back