tachometer leads

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I am restoring the original dash in my 67 cuda. It has the vacuum gage , and i will be swapping this with ,a repop tachometer. I have not bought the gage yet, but using a schematic, i have run the wires in the dash wiring with the correct color code, and wont be able to get the gage for awhile, but want to put the terminal ends on the wires and be done with it.

What i need to know is what ends are on the wires where they plug into the tach? Are these ring terminals with nuts and washers? If so what diameter? Are they female spades with plastic housings (packard type) ?

A good picture of these 2 lead wires would be great too.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Who knows with an aftermarket repop.
Best to locate the tach you want and see what it has. (a picture maybe)

The 4 ends of wiring for the factory tach had 2 ring terminals, one 90 degree rubber booted push on ( Identical to the one on some noise capacitors and those found on nearly every wire end behind the inst' panel of e-body ), and a fuse clip added in the fuse box.
Like stated above, who knows what a repop will require.

I am restoring the original dash in my 67 cuda. It has the vacuum gage , and i will be swapping this with ,a repop tachometer. I have not bought the gage yet, but using a schematic, i have run the wires in the dash wiring with the correct color code, and wont be able to get the gage for awhile, but want to put the terminal ends on the wires and be done with it.

What i need to know is what ends are on the wires where they plug into the tach? Are these ring terminals with nuts and washers? If so what diameter? Are they female spades with plastic housings (packard type) ?

A good picture of these 2 lead wires would be great too.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Doing the same conversion on our car. Where did you end up hooking the hot wire for the tach?

Doing the same conversion on our car. Where did you end up hooking the hot wire for the tach?
The factory tach option included a wire with a fuse clip to place where there typically isn't one in the fuse box.
That is a switched 12 volt position. Thus any switched 12 volt source would work. If you use the blue with white tracer at the inst' panel you will need to add a inline fuse. I place that fuse holder behind the column door below steering column for easy access.

-
Back