tail light/brake/turn issues

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
temporarily powered up (no engine) my 69 swinger to check new harnesses, connections, bulbs etc, and the rear brake lights, tail and turns are screwy. front markers & turns are ok. No right tail lamp. Apply brakes, no right brake light. Left turn and brake, left turn and right brake comes on. Brakes and right turn ok. Grounds ok. Had the stearing column out to rebuild, and it seems like the turn signal lever makes things act funny. does power for the rear turns/brakes go through the column harness? did i screw up the turn signal switch, or get the connecters mixed up during reassembly

Could be your turn signal switch, or you have a bad ground and are gettig some feed back. Is the switch used or new?

clean the turn signal switch and all that and i put dilectric grease on the connections and also maybe a short from the left to the right the mechanic that looked at mine said that all the power is thru the left and the right just is spliced from the left so if left work u know the wires are ok from the turn switch to the left tail light.

-
Back