Tail light ideas

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see what creative things you guys have done with all tail lights but especially 70-73 darts n scamps. :cheers:

I have not seen any tail light changes, but I have seen a bunch of exhaust mods. Rerouting the tips through the bumper and paint the bumper body color.

Ic. Not sure I like the painted bumpers. Ik some ppl might hate me for it but I'm thinkin that taillights from a 65 impala would look great in a dart bumper!

I would have to look an Impala up lol.. It is your car so do as you please, I will try to find this picture of a car so you might get some new ideas.

This is what i did with mine. The chrome was too pitted and did not have the budget to re-chrome. My son and I sanded all down, ground all pits, filled smooth and primed/painted. We also restored the lenses and did the same for the trunk trim!

Attachments

• New Tail (Small).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 315
This is what i did with mine. The chrome was too pitted and did not have the budget to re-chrome. My son and I sanded all down, ground all pits, filled smooth and primed/painted. We also restored the lenses and did the same for the trunk trim!

That's cool!!

I thought of trying to put the '12 taillights in the tail panel area of the trunk and quarters but then I noticed the '12 lights look to be too curved to be able to fit properly.

LED truck lites inside the original housing. It took some trimming and tinkering, but they look mighty bright at night.

Attachments

• 013_1_2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 305
  • 001_1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 297

Nice look. Really clean.

-
Back