Tail Light Wiring

-

swisswill

Reaction score
I'm laying out a new wiring system for my 69 Dart and am working on the tail lights. Old harness has been tossed and my tail light bezels are not accessible at the moment. Can someone tell me how many bulbs are in the tail lights of the 69 Dart. Looking at the wiring diagram I have, it looks like one bulb is used for tail, stop, & turn signal light. Then there is another bulb in the housing for back-up lights. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks.

That sounds correct. One 1157 dual element bulb and one 1156 single element bulb per side.
For what its worth, if you use the wire made for trailer lighting you'll have all the right colors for those lights.

Hey you're welcome. Hardware stores, even Lowes has that trailer wire. I'd say get the type with more leads rather than the most common flat 5.
Never know when you might want to add something back there.
Like a high mount or 3rd brake light would require a logic circuit in OEM applications to prevent its flashing with turn signals. Much simpler to tap the off white wire at brake light switch directly to that added brake light. No logic circuit required there :)

-
Back