Tail lights and daylight lights won’t turn off??

-

dustyaman

Reaction score
So yes this is the new Ron Francis wiring kit. I’ve called them and there even stumped. Checked over all the wiring on how they want you to do it and it all checks out. I even installed a new brake switch just in case for the brakes. So once I connect the battery the tail lights turn on and the daylight lights turn on for the front in the grille. The key isn’t turned and the brake switch is set correctly. I did notice on their diagram that the brakes are connected staight to battery on the fuse panel. The only way to get lights to turn off is to pull the fuse to the tail lights and that even turns off the daytimes up front. I’m stumped. If anyone has any ideas to why both of them turn on please let me know even if they are out of left field. I did notice that they didn’t give me any wiring for the hazard switch. And honestly I’m not even sure what it’s supposed to even look like. By the way the lights are always on no blinking. Even when I turn on the turn signal. Still solid lights....

Possible bad ground , back feeding through the harness

Would this be a bad ground through the lighting that would cause this or any ground through the full harness

Yes possibly does your aftermarket harness have a common ground I would check that also

The lack of hazard wiring would make me wonder? I know in our 67 cuda it took a bit to solve hazard wiring and lighting issues similar to yours.

I think the factory hazard wiring can be accidentally plugged in backwards if I remember correctly

Can you post a link to whatever in the hell wiring kit book/ destructions/ diagram you are using? What part no. is the kit you used?

And detail how you hooked your light switch into the thing.

Retro series rob Francis wiring kit for dodge. It is not model specific

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is no ground it’s self for the fuse box. Just for other stuff like lights you have to ground

The hazard switch is actually built into the fuse box which is wired up correctly btw

Retro series rob Francis wiring kit for dodge. It is not model specific

What is the part number, and I cant read that crap. Cant you post a link?

Is this it, WR95?

WR-95 RETRO SERIES Mopar Wiring Kit-Ron Francis Wiring

You need to contact them, see if they will email you a copy of the destructions, then either email them to me or find a way to host them so you can link them here.

Either that or just call them and see if they can work out what is wrong. Otherwise we are shooting .22's in the dark at nothing

Last edited:
Even if the bulbs were wrong they should be off at some point

"On" bulbs, they can be internally crossed, IE the tail/ stop filaments crossed internally which can cause interesting results

WITHOUT A COPY OF THE DIAGRAM we are just guessing. Got money for lotto tickets?

Pull the connector at headlight switch and see if they go out. If so, you know the issue is likely on the switch side or the connector is wired up incorrectly.

I pulled the connector off the new switch they applied with the wiring. And the lights are now off when it’s unplugged. It’s one big connection when I plug it back in the switch they turn right back on I guess they gave me a faulty switch?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just so you know, the tail lights, front parking lights and dash/gauges backlighting are all on the same circuit AND capable of being turned on without the key being on.

It does sound like the switch is suspect.
Do a pinout on the switch without the wiring connected and test with a test light to make sure all the pins go on and off when they are supposed to.

You could also just do a continuity test between the main power input terminal and the terminal for the park lights.
You should loose continuity between those two terminals when the switch is turned off.
If you don't you know it's the switch and nothing to do with the wiring.

Last edited:
No turn signals, another issue too.

-
Back