tail stripe

-

aaadave

Reaction score
does anyone know what the total width of the 70-71 dart bumble bee stripes are including the small side stripes? dave.

I just ordered one from Phoenix Graphix that I haven't put on yet. The straight section across the trunk is 8 1/2". The ones that angle down the quarters are 8 1/16".

Main stripe on deck lid is 7-1/8" wide with 1/4" pinstripes with 3/16" gap.

I'm getting ready to paint a tail stripe on my 74 charger. Would this info be accurate for a stripe on there as well? I'm not sure if they ever came with stripes from the factory, but I think it's going to look awesome on there. Thanks in advance!

It is probably best to mask them off and determine if it has the effect you desire. Or use photo shop or the like and play with the dimensions/ combinations.

If you look at the Cornet super bee or R/T in those years they had a like stripe across the rear.

Personally, not a fan of the bumblebee stripes on the 71-74 Charger. I prefer the 71 style upper body stripes

Attachments

• completed pic 8.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 156
thanks..what are your thoughts on a tail stripe on that body style?

Bumble bee stripes rock. Make it your own.

It's just paint or vinyl and can always be removed if you should ever part with the car to a purist.

I was never upset with my kids' haircuts or if they wanted to put a little color in it. It grew out when they got tired of it, not like some of the skin/body altering things they could have done and regretted instead.

-
Back