Tailight wiring harness/74 duster

-

James Camp

no mopar
Reaction score
I have a 1974 duster, trying to finish wiring, i put a 1971 duster dash wiring harness to get rid or seatbelt interlock, my wiring under the drivers kick panel has a gray wire, coming from the rear harness and in trunk it has a single push on plug , that i have no ideal where it went, and on the 1971 harness that plug at kick panel ,doesn't have a gray wire, and my gray from under dash matches the green wire which goes to rear wiring harness when plugged in, but on wiring schematic diagram, shows green wire goes to bulb sockets. I dont have a green wire in tailight harness, Any input would be appreciated.

LOL do your self a favor I had nightmares figuring out my 74 by schematic. If it is late looks at the Aspens.

73 is the last posted shop manual but the simplified WIRING DIAGRAMS go later. I have a really poor scan of 74 wiring "I think." Let me look

Just looked through the "poor scans" of the 74 stuff. This IS an A body and NOT an Aspen, right? And we ARE talking about a 74 rear/ trunk harness?

If you PM me and give me an email that can receive files, I will see if I can zip up these photos and send 'em to you

Found schematic for 74 thru 76 by looking at Aspen under mymopar site, 74 duster doesn't show gray wire, 76 aspen shows one from 1 marker light to another, but not in wiring to plug at kickpanel.

Just looked through the "poor scans" of the 74 stuff. This IS an A body and NOT an Aspen, right? And we ARE talking about a 74 rear/ trunk harness?

If you PM me and give me an email that can receive files, I will see if I can zip up these photos and send 'em to you

I have come to the conclusion, I have 7 wires leaving plug at kick panel, 2 stop for dome light, pink and yellow, 5 goes on to taillights, marker lights, tag light , and turn signals, i will trace those 5 according to schematic and change pin arrangement at kick panel if need be, regardless of color of wire.

Hey Robert Flippo,
I going to do what you did. I have 1974 plymouth valiant that I can't even start. I am planning on using a 1972 plymouth duster underdash wiring, as well as using the duster's engine harness, and other harness for the tail lights. Do you think that is a good idea? I just don't want to deal with that 1974 seatbelt interlocking stuffs.

I have come to the conclusion, I have 7 wires leaving plug at kick panel, 2 stop for dome light, pink and yellow, 5 goes on to taillights, marker lights, tag light , and turn signals, i will trace those 5 according to schematic and change pin arrangement at kick panel if need be, regardless of color of wire.
Maybe the trunk light?

-
Back