Tailshaft bushing

-

mad accountant

Reaction score
I rebuilt my 727, including replacing the tailshaft bushing. I got a new yoke from Inland and while it fits and slides just fine on the output shaft, it sticks about an inch and a half into the tailshaft. I chamfered the edges of the bushing when I installed it. The yoke can be forced in, but it's really, really tight. Instead of replacing the bushing with another one that may be the wrong size, I'm thinking if using a brake cylinder hone on it, and finishing it up with some 800 grit. Any thoughts or other suggestions? Am I just asking for trouble?

Short of a new bushing its about your only choice or just keep driving the yoke in and out by hand to see if it frees up easily

That happens lots

Try this...slip the yoke completely throughout the bushings then wack the yoke on 4 sides it will center the bushings.
Use a dead blow if you have one otherwise be careful not to damage the yoke with a steel hammer.

That happens lots

Try this...slip the yoke completely throughout the bushings then wack the yoke on 4 sides it will center the bushings.
Use a dead blow if you have one otherwise be careful not to damage the yoke with a steel hammer.

I'll give that a try and see what happens. Thanks!

-
Back