Take a gander at the size of this Toolbox.

-
For that price, it better come with Leanna to hand you tools and cold beer:toothy10:

Hey Guyz ...talk to the local Mac or SnapOn dealer .. those combo boxes go for nearly 20-large !!

STUFF like that is crazy .. you need a hi-lo to move it .. even when empty.

That is a nice box, and believe me, 11k is cheap, i bought my Cornwell box in 1996, not as large as that behemuth, but as big as they made them then, top and bottom 10k, empty, or course you can pull out the center drawer and sleep in it, which if my wife ever found out, thats where i would be sleeping, i have it in the garage now since i changed professions, but i still love that thing!

The best mechanics always have crappy tool boxes.
until they feel they deserve a better one. i had a crappy one for years but i would consider myself a "decent" mechanic.

and lots of home-made tools I have noticed, lol.

i have forgotten what i made some of them for. a good mechanic should never be scared to chop op a tool to "Make it happen"

they supply the tools where i work now and i have had to ask for permission to make a tool because i didnt want to wait on the special tool to be delivered a week later than it should of been here.

I have a friend with the same box. Its huge. Most shops dont have the space for this thing. 11 k is cheap for the box.

We had a few guys at the shop with $40-K plus in their wall of tool boxes.

I could do the same thing with a few big craftsman boxes that would last just as long for about a tenth of the price tag.

These dudes had a sickness called Snap-oneosis which meant they had to buy every friggin tool on the truck whether they needed it or not, seriously- who needs 18 wrench sets of the same size wrenches?

Then they wonder why the wife was bitching at them because they could not make the mortgage payments.

We had a few guys at the shop with $40-K plus in their wall of tool boxes.

I could do the same thing with a few big craftsman boxes that would last just as long for about a tenth of the price tag.

These dudes had a sickness called Snap-oneosis which meant they had to buy every friggin tool on the truck whether they needed it or not, seriously- who needs 18 wrench sets of the same size wrenches?

Then they wonder why the wife was bitching at them because they could not make the mortgage payments.

LOL... I saw the same thing when I worked for Hyster. I had about $10,000 in tools vs. the 3 dedicated Snap-on guys that had $50,000 plus in tools and I could keep pace with anybody. I did have a couple sets of Snap-on specialty wrenches that were necessary because of so many hard to reach places on forklifts but everything else was Craftsman or Matco.

take a look at Snap On's version of the Mr. Big box...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4GzkUFo92I"]YouTube - Snap-on Mr. Big 12 Foot Long Toolbox KRL1065 Series[/ame]

-
Back