take a ride w/ me in my 12 second /6 drag car

-

Kidd

Reaction score
Hello all, we raced last weekend in Sacramanto,CA. My brother in law wanted to see if we could get a camera mounted in my car......so he did, and I think he got a great view.Next time we will try to get more of the windshield....and me.
The guy I am racing is AAron, he is a FABO member also. My car is a 62 Valaint , 225 slant 6....not stock.Not blown or turboed.....just a 4bbl and edy carb on a built engine.LOL Car runs 12's. Anyway, I wanted to share....hope you like it.:cheers:
Andrew/Kidd
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/TerryLScott/?action=view&current=AndrewatSac.mp4

Mopar drags right?

I'm bummed I didn't get to make it out.. Looks like it was a great day for racing!

Very cool and a great video.I actually like the camera view in that one I really got the sense of what was really happening unlike a lot of in car vids where you just mainly see what's going on inside the car.Only thing distracting was the images in the rear view mirror.Thanks for sharing that !

Thanks for the comments!! Yes, this was the Mopar Musclecar Magic show.
Ya...I have been a Mopar guy my whole life, always different.LOL I have a 70 RR w/ a 440 and a 4speed, a 67 Barracuda w/ a 273 and a 4speed....whay not a drag car w/ a slant 6??
Andrew/kidd

That was just way to cool :cheers: Thank you for sharing :rock:
My slant 6 douse what yours douse 12.00, but in the 1/8 mile :-D
Good to see and hear your 1/2 dozen getting down the track :burnout:
You are running an automatic aren't you ?
My 170/ is all stock and a daily driver I enjoy :happy10:

Mike, yes its a 904. has a 3200 stall from Edge racing,Cheetah manual reverse valve body.Built by a friend of mine, Woody Blanchard.
Your six looks good.Looks alot like the one in my wifes car.She has a 64 Signet.
Andrew/Kidd

Great times and cool video!When you closed your door it sounds exactly like my 66 Dart race car LOL.............CLANK!!8)

Well I'll be go to hell, that puppy hauls ***. I'm impressed and I don't impress easy. I've been called easy but that's a different story.8)

Here is a pic of the car at Mopars At The Strip. I will try and get a few pics of the engine....Its nice to hear that you guys are exited.
kidds-car.jpg

A quick side note: I was waiting in the staging lanes at my local drag strip,Samoa drag strip www.samoadragstrip.com
and a guy in a 70's nova was waiting to do a time run, so chat him up, and look over his ride....flat black paint, roll cage, wide tires, he says to me its pretty fast....it runs in the 15's.I say cool. His buddy comes over to him, and wispers......the next thing he does is pull his car to the back of the line.LOL
I will try and get pics tomorrow after work.
Andrew/Kidd

Great video!
Wow that car really hauls the mail!
And it probably gets 20 mpg while doing it.

I hope Kidd hangs out with us here 8) He sure has a dandy Early A Valiant I would like to keep enjoying :happy10: he has that 62 looking nize =P~=P~
I found me a 65 225 block to get started on and I am sure he has some info on his build he would be glad to share 8)
Small Block has a dandy 65 Valiant more door that could be a good candidate to be striped down and strengthen up :happy10:
66aCuda and Charley_s and a few other members here have been great help for me allong with Damraider , I am sure I spelt there names wrong :-D
I had to go back and watch that run again this morning =P~

A quick side note: I was waiting in the staging lanes at my local drag strip,
and a guy in a 70's nova was waiting to do a time run, so chat him up, and look over his ride....flat black paint, roll cage, wide tires, he says to me its pretty fast....it runs in the 15's. I say cool. His buddy comes over to him, and wispers......the next thing he does is pull his car to the back of the line.LOL
I will try and get pics tomorrow after work.
Andrew/Kidd

Now that is a damn shame he backed off after a whisper. He should have just had fun and made his run. You should (IMO at least) do the right thing and incourage him to run no matter what is up at the line and not be pulling his car back unless it is broken.

The first time I ever made a run I was staged next to a Rail that ran a 8 sec. pass. I wnet the whoopin 14 and had fun.

-
Back