Taking a poll about which drivetrain I should use

which drivetrain should I use in my numbers matching 70 duster?

• Total voters
-
The car will be a cruiser. Nothing more. If i want to go fast, I just jump into my 2010 Challenger R/T and spin the tires.
As far as the duster being worth 3-6000, I just sold a 71 duster 318/904/7 1/4 for $10,000 completely restored.

Put the best running engine with the best transmission and don't sweat any value lost by not having the numbers engine in it.

Put the best running engine with the best transmission and don't sweat any value lost by not having the numbers engine in it.

I believe your right. I am going to put the 74 318 in the car, not only does it have the unleaded valve seats in it, it also has electronic ignition, the matching a/c with brackets, etc. I know this option was not the most popular, but I think that is what I am going to do. I will keep the original 318 and transmission, for another car down the road. Thanks guys.

The car will be a cruiser. Nothing more. If i want to go fast, I just jump into my 2010 Challenger R/T and spin the tires.
As far as the duster being worth 3-6000, I just sold a 71 duster 318/904/7 1/4 for $10,000 completely restored.

Why have a pole and jump on people's **** when they give you an opinion ?

Why have a pole at all ? Sounds like you have it all figured out after selling a Duster for 10g's.

If its just a cruiser, and you don't want to go fast I vote just put oil and gas in the thing and cruise it.

Option 4. Take the engine and trans out of the Duster. Set it aside. Install
the engine and trans from the Dart. But this way you can build up this set up.
That way you can go better with the drivetrain in there. then have the
orignal set up for resale in the future. Just my opinion.
:burnout:
Agreed!

If you need other people to tell you what you want then how about option#5 send both cars to me and I`ll buy you a Toyota .
PS at least send me the name and contact info of the guy who paid 10k for a 318 duster ,I have some spare land down south I`m not using

If you're just trying to get it on the road as soon as possible, put in the good transmission and whichever engine runs better.

Why is it so hard for people to just vote on what I asked for? I understand people have other opinions but that is not what I asked for. As far as "jumping all over peoples ****" relax francis, I hardly jumped on someone. I just hate people that think that the only cars worth doing are hemi challengers and hemi cudas. There are a ton of cars out there that are worth doing, even if they aren't a high end car. Also, the guy the has the land down south, does it happen to be in Missouri? I am looking for some land down there.

Why is it so hard for people to just vote on what I asked for? I understand people have other opinions but that is not what I asked for. As far as "jumping all over peoples ****" relax francis, I hardly jumped on someone. I just hate people that think that the only cars worth doing are hemi challengers and hemi cudas. There are a ton of cars out there that are worth doing, even if they aren't a high end car. Also, the guy the has the land down south, does it happen to be in Missouri? I am looking for some land down there.

You didn't ask for opinions ? Read your 4th post Shirley. :angel1:

I'd probably just put the '74 engine and trans in it. The electronic is a great thing to have on a driver.

I have a '71 Scamp with an excellent running 318. I do desire more power though...so my plan is to drive the car and enjoy it as is; while I build a 360 on the side.
I may upgrade what is there but I am thinking a 360 is the way to go.

As far as number's matching with a 318 car, it doesn't really make a whole lot of difference. I have a '71 Duster Twister with the original 318 and a 4 speed. I have never been asked in 15 or so years if it's numbers matching. I would have built a 360 back in the day when I was 17 but honestly..I was just as broke then as I am now.

My favorite Mopars are a bodies and to me they are all worth saving; if it is possible to do so. That comment means that it doesn't have to be a Hemi e body to deserve a restoration.

Main thing is to enjoy them..

Thanks dusterkrazy. I think I am going to do exactly that. I just wanted to see what people thought would be a good course of action, of course I had to weed through some crap, but I ultimately realized what I should do once reading the posts from people that matter. Once again, thank you for your input.

-
Back