Taking me a few more weeks and alot more $$$ than i thought

-
The cam came in today ! And the heads are ready. It's going to be a great weekend

Dose anyone have picture of a factory 383 motor so I can get paint ideas? Not that I'm going for the 100% factory look I'm looking to see what was painted the same as the block. Any help would be great. Thanks

Dose anyone have picture of a factory 383 motor so I can get paint ideas? Not that I'm going for the 100% factory look I'm looking to see what was painted the same as the block. Any help would be great. Thanks

here you go,

Attachments

• 2618.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 2616.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 209
  • 2614.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 183
Nice car!Love the color! Anything big block,mo money,mo time.Been there myself.Nice pics,Adam.One of yours?

Looks good , where in Mass. are you ?

what did you end up using for a cam and what gas are you running considering the domes on those pistons ? I just undid a 383 that was like that with big domes but stock exhaust manifolds ...

JohnRR said:
Looks good , where in Mass. are you ?

what did you end up using for a cam and what gas are you running considering the domes on those pistons ? I just undid a 383 that was like that with big domes but stock exhaust manifolds ...

I live in salem. I got a comp roller cam I don't know the specs of the top of my head. I'm going to run 93. The pistons are the same before the re build and it ran fine on 93 oct. Where do u live.

I'm in Salem N.H.

The 509 must have bleed off a lot of pressure because with those pistons you have about 11.0 compression. With no quench and that hi compression it should have sounds like a box of rocks pretty much anywhere above idle .

Salem nh is only 40 mins 20 in the dart. To tell you the truth is my 1st muscle car and the pistons came with the car I know it didn't run good on cheap gas but seemed ok with 93 oct. the motor should be in next weekend so I'll have to let you know.

I passed thru Salem on my way to and from Marblehead on Saturday.

Good luck with the install, I'm getting itchy to get my 383 back together and running in my Dart soon also .

Fired her up tonight no leaks and sounds great. I can't wait to take it for a ride.

-
Back