Talk about turning a Mole hill into a Mountain lol

-
How times have changed, when respect was shown for law enforcement
I was 18, not really a wise *** but had my moments
Coming home with a friend, I signalled late to turn, car behind me blew his horn, I returned the favour by giving him the finger
I turned the car behind me turned with me, was a cop car and pulled me over. These two cops were older than me and did not appreciate being given the finger. My friend goes to get out of the car to show them his brothers PBA card ( brother was rookie cop). One cop tells my friend "Get the F back in the car and shut your mouth).
Now the cop gets around to me, the only thing that saved me from getting an *** kicking was when the cop looked at my licence he saw I lived right. down the street, like three houses away.
I told him if my old man finds about this or see's that you pulled me over, im going to get two beatings
Mind you my grandparents and uncle, aunt live on this street
I apologised, cop told me signal sooner and that was that but I got real lucky
Today? A-holes would be taken to FB posting how they were mistreated by LEO's
Like I said times have changed
Take care everyone

In the mid 70's with long hair and a brand new Dodge van I was profiled and pulled over at least once a month going to or coming from work by the NJSP on rte. 46. Never gave them grief, let them search the van when they would pretend that they liked my custom interior and I smiled every time. Why? I had nothing illegal on me and not once did I ever get a ticket. I even got pulled over by the first female in the NJSP because I registered the van as commercial so I wouldn't have to go through NJ inspection and didn't scrape the old inspection sticker completely off. No ticket, just "clean off that sticker". Yes ma'am no ma'am, yes sir, no sir. My dad taught me that as a young kid. Those stops lasted a few minutes and nothing was ever tore up or taken out. All of my tickets were from local cops when I was in my avatar cuda. Some deserved, some not so much.

Last edited:
It's been a while since Ive been pulled over but once for not using a turn signal in non traffic neighborhood (lame)
Another for expired tag. (honest mistake on my part)
Both cases, politeness and no ticket. "Have a good day." "You too."

When I was younger and tearing up the streets. I was still polite but that didn't always help. :lol:

The wife in the video looked pretty embarrassed. Who knows, maybe wearing a seatbelt will save his life someday and he'll think back to what an entitled jackass he was to those LEOs who pulled his dumbass over.

Being polite to Police officers has saved my butt a couple times. Several Years ago I was visiting my Boys in Shinnston West Virginia and got pulld over for speeding (45 in a 35). I was as polite to him as I could be. While he was in his car running my Drivers License My youngest said Dad you're going to get a ticket, this guy never lets anyone off. To my Sons surprise he came back and handed my license and said "please slow down from now on, have a good day.

The wife in the video looked pretty embarrassed. Who knows, maybe wearing a seatbelt will save his life someday and he'll think back to what an entitled jackass he was to those LEOs who pulled his dumbass over.

Maybe he makes really good Egg Sandwiches lol..... There could be a time in life where any of us will have a "come apart" but not over a friggin' seat belt. I would own it and just say write the ticket so we can all get out of there.... Oh, I forgot, you won't catch me without it on. It's too easy of a task.

JW

Poor wife quietly sitting there picking up the pieces of all the stuff he's tearing up during his tantrum over a $10 seatbelt ticket. You know she's been through this before.

I generally stay calm and polite whenever I have been stopped, and in most situations I am treated respectfully. There have been a few times when I was fully deserving of a ticket, but the officer didn't issue anything, and I have to believe it was due in some way to my attitude.
About 10 years ago I was driving my Ventura, doing about 75 mph in a 60 zone. An unmarked cruiser passed me in the opposite direction and the brake lights came on immediately. I pulled over as soon as I saw that, when the officer came up to my car, the first thing she asked was if my 2 dogs were friendly, I assured her they were, and she thanked me for not making her chase me. We had a good conversation about my dogs while she was patting them, then she ran my license, came back and asked me about the car, and handed me back my license.
All she said was that I shouldn't drive that speed on that stretch, and that was it.

I've seldom been pulled over, guess just lucky as I'm always over the speed limit by 10 or so. When I got my license at 16 my father said, talk to any police officer like your talking to ME !

Respect to cops when being pulled over has saved me from tickets a few times as well. I generally don't get pulled over though, guess I'm also lucky but when driving I watch the road like a hawk all the time partly for cops but mostly for inattentive dumbasses.

Seat belt laws may seem like BS, maybe they are maybe they aren't but the way I see it, somebody not wearing theirs and getting ejected from their car could become a missile that injures somebody else. Also it's more mess for the responders to clean up and keeps the road closed for longer when someone is ejected from their car in a crash and becomes a bloody pile of meat.

**Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Respect to cops when being pulled over has saved me from tickets a few times as well. I generally don't get pulled over though, guess I'm also lucky but when driving I watch the road like a hawk all the time partly for cops but mostly for inattentive dumbasses.

Seat belt laws seem like BS, maybe they are but the way I see it, somebody not wearing theirs and getting ejected from their car could become a missile that injures somebody else. Also it's more mess for the responders to clean up and keeps the road closed for longer when someone is ejected from their car in a crash and becomes a bloody pile of meat.
Photo radar is nothing more than a cash grab, seat belts are meant to reduce or prevent injuries, should be common sense, but I get that it seems like another intrusion of rights and privacy. I was a non believer in them, until I had a lower ball joint failure one day, when the night before I had been out street racing, that was a bit of a shock and a serious wake up call. It wasn't that the ball joint was worn out, but the lower control arm split around the joint from metal fatigue.
Pretty much worn a seat belt since that day.

Seat belt laws seem like BS, maybe they are but the way I see it, somebody not wearing theirs and getting ejected from their car could become a missile that injures somebody else. Also it's more mess for the responders to clean up and keeps the road closed for longer when someone is ejected from their car in a crash and becomes a bloody pile of meat.
Ridiculous, Seatbelt with shoulder belts plus airbags, the ways cars are built now a day have saved tens of thousands

Ridiculous, Seatbelt with shoulder belts plus airbags, the ways cars are built now a day have saved tens of thousands

What are you talking about? Read my post again please, I never said seatbelts are a bad idea, I don't even think seatbelt laws are necessarily bad I'm indifferent about it. I was actually trying to find alternative reasons to justify having a seatbelt law. Jeez.

If you ever been hit head on by a 85 mph drunk in a big old Lincoln, then you will figure that seat belt might be a good idea! Yes it was 50 years ago before any genius invented the air bag. I was pulling a gooseneck flatbed with tractor/equipemnt, that weight probably saved me and NO..NOT me but HE killed HIS stupid ***. I would have got out of his way if I had a chance.

You need seatbelts laws because some people are too ignorant to save themselves. It reminds me of my nephew who is diabetic, and his doctor told him to drop 20 pounds and he took offence. I said, yeah, the nerve of that doctor, trying to save your life.....you moron.

Guy has some serious anger issues. Cops doing their job. If the guy doesnt like the law petition their elected representatives to change it.

I was of the mindset to not wear a seat belt years ago. Then someone explained to me what if I was in an accident, knocked out or dead, and my passenger needs help? I cant do anything dead or unconscious, other than **** myself....big help that is.

What are you talking about? Read my post again please, I never said seatbelts are a bad idea, I don't even think seatbelt laws are necessarily bad I'm indifferent about it. I was actually trying to find alternative reasons to justify having a seatbelt law. Jeez.
Read your original post again before you edited it.

Read your original post again before you edited it.

I did, still didn't read as though I was knocking seat belts. I installed modern-style retractable 3-point front seat belts in my Duster when I was 21 before taking it on a long road trip (I'm 32 as of April). Having an understanding of physics from school helped make me take crash safety very seriously, I've also always been very conscious of my own mortality. On that note in September 2021 I was rear-ended in my 1993 Jeep Cherokee by a kid in his early 20s not paying attention, he was going at least 35 mph while my car was stopped and the impulse force on my skinny 160-lb body was enough to bend the driver seat back to about a 45-degree angle from upright.

I started wearing seat belts without fail when I was a senior in high school in 1975. I worked at a large grocery store on a busy highway near where I live. I was a bagging technician and was returning to the store from having to put groceries in a car WAY out in the parking lot, when I heard somebody rowing thru the gears on something with some power. I turned towards the road to look about the same time the guy in an orange 69 SS Chevelle lost control, crossed the centerline and hit a 72 Duster head on. I recognized the Duster as a car I had put a lot of groceries in over the last year, and ran to the road to try to help. The car belonged to a young family, husband and wife with 2 small kids. Upon impact, I SAW the lady come thru the windshield and land in the road. When I got there, it was a horrible sight. She was bloody all over, couldn't move her legs and was trying to pull herself around on the pavement by her arms and hands.....while screaming " WHERE'S MY BABY?!" repeatedly. Those were her last words as she died right there in the road. Her husband died instantly from being crushed by the impact and his head hitting the A pillar. The older child, maybe 3 years old was killed when it got thrown into the back of the front seat. The only survivor was the youngest child who was in what would now be considered a crude car/baby seat that was luckily belted to the backseat on the drivers side. It was a helpless feeling to not be able to help any of those nice people, who I had put a lot of groceries in their nice, black 72 model 340 Duster. I walked straight up to my 70 Duster in the parking lot, that was my first car, dug the seat belts out from beside the seats and I've never ridden without one since.

Oh, and the guy driving the orange Chevelle? He was drunk and survived with minor injuries! :mad:

-
Back