Targa Newfoundland ROCKS!!

-

pauly v.100

Reaction score
GOD I'd love to do this!!
nice that A body mopars were well represented this year! well ok, only one.
If you get the chance, catch the re-run on speed channel. -pauly

Attachments

• 0607112122a.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 0607112154a.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 512
  • 0607112158a.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 505
Awesome!

Looks like he is running at least 275/40/17or18's up front.

I love watching Targa Newfoundland. I hated I missed it this year.

I am amazed the car didn't break the windshild in that turn. I know those cars are well built but that is a LOT of flex.
Does anyone have the build information on this Dart?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gs6TPbwvi0"]YouTube - ‪Targa Newfoundland 2010 on TSN‬‏[/ame]

Here you go watch the duster dart demon in action.

Mop

That is cool!

I don't have sat or cable and don't get to see fun shows; thanks for the link.

I am amazed the car didn't break the windshild in that turn. I know those cars are well built but that is a LOT of flex.
Does anyone have the build information on this Dart?

Sounded like the Demon/Dart is driven by last years winner? If so, I'm guessing he sort of knows what he's doing.

Because it's a Rally setup the suspension looks somewhat soft for all the jump, bumps, dips, etc. Look at the car bottoming out at 4:45 min on the video.

Check out the 69 Carmaro whacking the left rear at 5:47 !!

The 240 bites it HARD at 8:37.

... Dude that is some crazy ****!

Ooooh, Dart in a ditch. If I only had a dime for every time I found myself in that position.

cool pics and vids......hate to see those nice cars wreck like that,,,,,,,but fantastic to see peeps drive them hard.

Cool stuff! Love to do that sometime.

Something looks wrong with how that Dart handles. Looks like the geometry is messed up, can't see it moving around that much, and picking a front tire up. Chassis seems stiff enough, but it has some real leverage somewhere that throws the car around. Maybe really soft sprung and HUGE sway bars? The Camaro looks right going around a corner, the Dart looks spastic.

Too bad he put it in the ditch, might have won his class with it. The winner broke 2 stages before the end, but had enough of a lead to win. The Dart got second.

Here is another video I found. Looks like the car was build by Dodge and then given to the team to run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-rd3HhObU&feature=player_embedded"]Dodge Secret garage[/ame]

Cool stuff! Love to do that sometime.

Something looks wrong with how that Dart handles. Looks like the geometry is messed up, can't see it moving around that much, and picking a front tire up. Chassis seems stiff enough, but it has some real leverage somewhere that throws the car around. Maybe really soft sprung and HUGE sway bars? The Camaro looks right going around a corner, the Dart looks spastic.

Too bad he put it in the ditch, might have won his class with it. The winner broke 2 stages before the end, but had enough of a lead to win. The Dart got second.

Here is another video I found. Looks like the car was build by Dodge and then given to the team to run.

Dodge Secret garage

The car was very competitive in it's class. Driven by a past winner. I think he has some idea of what chassis setup can work on those cars. Those cars are being jumped and runing on rough pavement. Baja trucks will lean over like that on slow tight turns too.

Maybe the reason why the Camaro broke has something to do with why it looked "right" and was so stiff.

The car was very competitive in it's class. Driven by a past winner. I think he has some idea of what chassis setup can work on those cars. Those cars are being jumped and runing on rough pavement. Baja trucks will lean over like that on slow tight turns too.

Maybe the reason why the Camaro broke has something to do with why it looked "right" and was so stiff.

No argument that he was competitive. Just doesn't look right. No other car went around the corners like that. Sorry, but I think something was not right.

Best I can tell, Dodge built the car and entered it as a factory car, and had the guy drive it for them. I don't think he set the car up, Dodge did. Would have thought Dodge would know what they are doing, it just didn't look like it to me.

Could just be a completely didn't theory on setup, but I can't see carrying a tire around a corner is the best way to get the maximum traction. I know the inside tire doesn't carry much load, but it helps some.

BTW, the Camaro didn't break, he was in another class. He had some ignition problems that took him out of contention for the Classic class, but he finished the event. The Dart was in the Open class and was running against a Mini, driven by one of the founders of the thing (I think). The Mini broke a half shaft and couldn't finish the final day.

I don't think anyone raced a mopar at this years Targa.
The duster in the video uses an RMS Alterkation front end.

I don't think anyone raced a mopar at this years Targa.
The duster in the video uses an RMS Alterkation front end.

was it rms? in the last scene on the main video, it looked almost like stock LCA's with a coilover conversion.

And despite the deletion i'll ask again, why is it a demon? Dodge didnt follow suite to appease the simpleton witch hunters world wide? Or did newfoundland have the fugly dartsport body early?

This race is run right where I live...Some real wild cars are brought in for it..Some real expensice cars trashed during the race...Last year an Enzo took a swim in the Atlantic Ocean...

-
Back