TCI 727 rebuild kit

-

Aspen79

Reaction score
Hey have any of you guys used the TCI 128900, and the TCI 12700 bolt in sprag. I plan on building a mild 727 to go behind my 360 should make about 600 hp on the NOS.

If do order TCI'S 128900 kit, I hope you don't get what they say the kit contains on their website. A Modulator in a kit for a TF727? What's even funnier, on Jeg's website they have a photo of the kit, and despite they describe it as a kit for the 727, the photo shows all the parts for a TH400 GM transmission.

If your engine is going to give you the 600hp you say it is, make sure the kit you purchase has Red Eagle friction plates, kolene steel plates, a HD FRONT BAND, (Raybestos Pro Series), all washers, all bushings and if you want the high volume filter, get the brass one, not the dacron one. While rebuilding, replace the rear band also. The TCI kit gives you a shift kit, so get the Transgo TF-2 kit. You should be able to get these items from any transmission parts supplier, WIT, and Transtar come to mind as suplliers.

Do it right ONCE

If do order TCI'S 128900 kit, I hope you don't get what they say the kit contains on their website. A Modulator in a kit for a TF727? What's even funnier, on Jeg's website they have a photo of the kit, and despite they describe it as a kit for the 727, the photo shows all the parts for a TH400 GM transmission.

If your engine is going to give you the 600hp you say it is, make sure the kit you purchase has Red Eagle friction plates, kolene steel plates, a HD FRONT BAND, (Raybestos Pro Series), all washers, all bushings and if you want the high volume filter, get the brass one, not the dacron one. While rebuilding, replace the rear band also. The TCI kit gives you a shift kit, so get the Transgo TF-2 kit. You should be able to get these items from any transmission parts supplier, WIT, and Transtar come to mind as suplliers.

Do it right ONCE
This is what came. These are not red eagle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 151
-
Back