TCI Cable issues

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I'm using a TCI Outlaw shifter and a 727 MRVB the shifter comes with a 5' cable.. unfortunately it routes next to the starter and is about .5" from the headers.. to make a long story short it melted and now I"m thinking of using a 6' cable to route in front of the starter so it will clear al the hot stuff! Why hasn't a large company like TCI fix this by just using a 6' cable? I know I'm not the only one to think of this right? Well actually my chassis guy did..lol... Do I use a 2" stroke or 3" stroke on the cable?

I had the same issue. I needed to order a replacement cable ($61.00) and got a shorter one (5' I think) and ran it up from the transmission and looped it against the firewall with a couple clips and back under the car through the floor. I have had no issues with it.

well b&m shifters tell you up front you need the longer cable and hursts just come with the longer cable...

best way i found to route it is over the top of the trans twords the passenger side, then loop in front of the converter, and then back up to the mount...

also buy some of that heat resistant loom stuff, really saves the cable...

granted this is for front exit...

I have a rear sump pan so the around the tranny wouldn't work for me... What size stroke did u guys use?

it's the size of the linkage that comes out of the plastic cable housing.

The brackets they use to connect the cable are a pain in the *** to get to clamp tight against the bottom lip of the pan. I had to use longer bolts and even then it was a pain to hook up the cable. I do not like the design of the cable and brackets for the TCI Shifters.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was just about to pull the trigger on this one. Let us know how the longer cable works out.

i split 3/8 fuel line and used small black zip ties to secure it over my cable. Got tired of buying cables. works great!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was just about to pull the trigger on this one. Let us know how the longer cable works out.

I bought one this wkend but it was for a 3" stroke which was tool long in the linkage.. but the 6' cable works out perfect as far as routing..

-
Back