Tearing down a 360

-

Rengo

Reaction score
I recently lost my job and have nothing to do so I am going to start the process of pulling this thing apart.
I plan on leaving the heads on but everything else is going to go.
Anyone else this bored?

I have resorted to doing housework.

After about 5 minutes I realized that it can be put off..............

... never put off till tomorrow if it can be put off till next month.

Ya no loss of work just very slow this time of year,so I pop in and out here some days.Good luck take your time tearing that 360 as so it keeps ya busy:scratch:.

lol it doesnt bring any money but its just something to do. Has anyone ever had four different size bolts on the driver side exhaust manifold? It just seems like who ever had this before me put what every they could find on it.

Not out looking for job?
I know what your talking about be bored. I have a job but currently on the injured list (just had surgery) so I can't work for another month at least. That being said, I don't find myself spending way more money because I'm bored.

I have applied at 20 places and everyone of them have said they are not hiring. I have all the tools I need to pull the externals off, I might end up working construction again after all of this snow goes away.

Is there a prison near by? Their business is booming.

Bored laid off for the winter.... i found an old R/C car in the basement. I finished putting it together, after like 6 years.:thumbup:

Otherwise id be building my 360 for my truck.....

Attachments

• clod.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 259
I applied at a jail and I still have no word, so it seems they are not hiring either. and that RC truck is bad ***, would be fun to burn around little hills in the snow!

I got the intake, carb, distributor, exhaust manifolds, v. covers, water pump, oil filter deal (dont know the name of it.) off today. I plan on leaving the oil pan and covering it with a trash bag so nothing gets down in it.

p.s. if there is anything you need, like the oil pan for your truck, let me know I might send it your way for shipping. I have no use for it.

Yes, Im frigging bored also. In the past I had money and no time to work on the Dart, now I have all the time in the world but I'm afraid to spend any savings as I don't know how long I will be out of work. I have had 7 interviews in the past month but no luck landing a job. When they discover I'm in my early 50's all of the sudden I'm overqualified or salary demands would be too high or were looking for someone who will stay with the company for many years or some other BS like that. 250 bucks a week in unemployment is just enough to cover my portion of the bills. Thank God my wife has a really good job otherwise I would be up ***** creek.

p.s. if there is anything you need, like the oil pan for your truck, let me know I might send it your way for shipping. I have no use for it.
You can always make a hat out of it.

Lmao that would be some hat!!
Seeing how I cannot find a job I am going to talk to a guy to see if he will let me work at his shop for free, plus I owe him a little money for body work.

Lmao that would be some hat!!
Seeing how I cannot find a job I am going to talk to a guy to see if he will let me work at his shop for free, plus I owe him a little money for body work.
Cool! that might even turn into a job!
P.S. Everybody loves hats! Also if there was a hat contest, you'd win everytime.

Its one of those things ive collected over the years, i have a different frame for it too. Its an all tube chassis, I didnt use it because id have to buy all the 4 links and different mounts.

Thanks for the offer on the pan, I bought a brand new one. Its a mag 360 for my 95 half ton.

That's a nice gesture, sending a FABO member parts for free, they just pay the shipping.
Cudos to you Jared.
You rock. :headbang:

well the parts are just going to sit in my garage till we take everything to the dump, I have one good valve cover, the intake and carb, but I was told to keep those.. the oil pan and then the exhaust manifolds. if anyone wants them just give me a shout.

Everything is off except for the oil pan, I do have a question about the bolts going into the side of the block on the passenger and driver side behind where the motor mounts bolt in. I believe they are 9/16. Do I need to pull these to drain anything, what are they for?

If its the ones i'm thinking of they go into the water jacket. I remove them everytime I have a motor tanked.

so remove them now?
Yeah, find your getting your block tanked now. Otherwise just break them free so you can un screw them later before you take the block to the shop (less chance of you losing them that way).

opps didnt see this post, I have been putting every bolt back in as soon as I take the part off, that way I know what size of bolt to buy later.

I believe so. Antifreeze will come pouring out so have a container to catch it.

I got a little antifreeze out of one of the bolts holding a bracket on.

IF ANYONE WANTS THE FOLLOWING LET ME KNOW IF NOT IT IS GOING TO THE DUMP.
I DONT WANT TO THROW ANYTHING AWAY THAT SOMEONE COULD USE.

two barrel intake - stock
valve covers
exhaust manifolds
two barrel carb
truck oil pan

everything else is pretty much trash, all parts above are free just pay shipping, will go to dump 3-1-11

-
Back