tell me if this looks right

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I installed the needle bearing, flywheel, clutch kit and throw out bearing. It all seemed to go together good but just want to make sure. If it does, I am going to slide the tranny in tonight and get ready for Saturday. ALSO is the throw out bearing a sealed bearing. because Chiltons said I needed to pack the inside of the bearing with grease. that didn't seem right to me.Bill

Attachments

• DSC06301 (Copy).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC06302 (Copy).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC06303 (Copy).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC06304 (Copy).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC06306 (Copy).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC06307 (Copy).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 298
Looks ok to me.

Can't comment on the greased throwout bearing.

Your reverse rod looks different, looks more curve. Does it clear the trans x-member?

Cram it in there and see if it fits.

What style clutch did you have before? With a diaphram style you will need to remove the over center spring on the petal linkage under the dash. Not a easy task.

Did you align the bellhousing? If you have not done that , you should.
You need to find a Mopar service manual or maybe someone on here has the section so they can email it to you.

have no idea what you mean by bell housing run out. how do you align the bell housing. Toolman, there was an automatic in here before.

They are talking about orienting the bellhousing's center hole with the center line of the crankshaft. They are rarely out of alignment using factory parts, but when they are, you use offset dowel pins to relocate them properly.

I just googled that and see what you are talking about now. I have factory parts and the tranny was just rebuilt with a new bearing retainer. What about this over center spring Toolman is talking about. I have not put the pedals in yet. what spring do I need to take off.

I just googled that and see what you are talking about now. I have factory parts and the tranny was just rebuilt with a new bearing retainer. What about this over center spring Toolman is talking about. I have not put the pedals in yet. what spring do I need to take off.

The over center spring is the big mammajamma spring on the pedal assembly that looks as if it's a return spring for the clutch pedal. It's not that big of deal to remove if you have a brake spring tool like the one used to install springs on drum brakes. just use the tool to remove the spring.

As far as the throwout bearing goes, It should be sealed and never ever add grease to anything that can sling it around in the bell housing. If you get the littlest grease on the clutch it will chatter your teeth out of your head!

I didn't think there should be any grease in there. I didn't put any in. I will have to look at the pedals and see if there is that spring on there. I have no idea what these pedals came out of.

you talking about that big round spring shown in the picture. I will check mine.

is this the spring you guys are talking about in this pic I took of my pedals.

Attachments

• DSC06308 (Copy).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 244
-
Back