temp gauge dosen't read; but others do

-

jwh70valiant

Reaction score
I have read that a non working gauge usually means the voltage regulator is out. However, the alternator and fuel gauges work fine. I have thought about just replacing the whole instrument panel, as the speedometer dosen't work either. What would cause the fuel gauge to work and the temperature gauge to not even detect a signal? I repalced the sending unit and checked to make sure there is an electrical connection. There is a connection.

Had the same problem with my Duster. The main issue was the gauge itself. Changed it and done with that!

The studs and stamped tin nuts that hold the gauge in the panel are also its connections. Many times all that's needed is to tighten those nuts just a little. I prefer to remove then nuts and deck them on a piece of 220 grit paper. This gets a new/clean connection.

I've tried cleaning them. thats how I got the fuel gauge to work :) At this point, I'm thinking of replacing the clusther. i was going to putin an aftermarket temp gauge, but they don't seem to make them with the proper fittings.

-
Back